“Great Building, do not understand the art”

Fundacio Antoni Tapies
and up
Barcelona Card with Guidebook
Ranked #254 of 730 things to do in Barcelona
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a building of the beginnings of the modernista style, the building is gr4eat, and the museum really ice, Tapies is a contremporari artist, I don nnot undertand him, On top of the building a large structurre and a chair...

1  Thank mpremoli
There are newer reviews for Fundacio Antoni Tapies

Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you're near the Gaudi apartments, you're near the Fundacio Antoni Tapies. (RIP), he died at age 87 or so March 2012.

Seeing his art all in one place changed my life. Once I scraped my jaw off the floor......I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, and I'm at least attempting to paint like he did. I've had several shows borrowing his style, as best I can anyway, more of a tribute......there was no better mid century painter in my opinion. Just genius.

This building is his own museum, there is one of his sculptures on top of the building called "chair and hair", it's a bit hard to miss but it IS on a side street going away from the Gaudi apartments about a block. If you can possibly go there, GO. It's just wonderful. I'll add photos when I can. Google images Antoni Tapies paintings. They are HUGE.

3  Thank debartiste
Reviewed September 3, 2012

i usually really enjoy modern art but Taipes work just doesn't make sense to me or appeal in any way. Check out his style first before shelling out the entrance fee.

1  Thank karin s
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Loved the work of Antonio Tapies. Also loved the building which houses the art. Both worth the visit! Very inspiring!

4  Thank Gary S
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This museum is very special as it gives an insight into one of Spain's greatest Contemporary artists. But even more than that, we enjoyed the building itself and learning about its history and renovation. We had no trouble finding it and spent a few hours there. Highly recommend it to all.

4  Thank Travelfoxes