This was our second stay (last time in August 2008) and much better than the first. The VIP Club on the 18th Floor - we were looked after magnificently. The Staff are the best selling point of any hotel and this was GRAND.
The dining - buffet style was fantastic and our waiter Jose Organista who's been with the Hotel for the past 23 years was on hand to service all our needs. I recall Jose serving us 5 years ago - such was his class - one remembers fine dining experiences - just like the ones that are not so fine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first 5* hotel in the city, this emblematic luxury retreat forms part of the history of Barcelona and bristles with tales around national and international royalty and important figures from the world of politics, culture and entertainment who have been amongst its guests. Perfectly located on the famous Avinguda Diagonal - in the noble financial district of the city - it is only a 5 minute walk away from Camp Nou football stadium, home of the legendary FC Barcelona, and a mere 12km from the airport. Its 500 timelessly elegant rooms are all exterior-facing and offer - from the 9th floor up - magnificent panoramic views of the Catalan capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princesa Sofia
- Princess Sofia Barcelona
- Princess Sofia Hotel Barcelona
- Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia Barcelona, Catalonia