Initially booked another hotel in Barcelona but decided to change to the Eurostars. Glad we did because it is a fabulous hotel, very modern and clean with friendly staff in all areas, not the usual surly spanish we have encountered in other parts of Spain. We asked for an early check in which we didnt get (seems to be impossible as other reviewers have had the same problem) but did get the requested sea view, high floor. Cava and chocolate coated strawberries in the room and a free drink each in the bar were nice touches. Room was excellent. Large and airy, huge bathroom with jacuzzi bath and double sinks but only a hand held shower over the bath, very strange. It was described as a superior room but I think a superior room is their basic room. Breakfast looked nice but cant comment as we didnt eat there as it was £15 each. We had breakfast in the World Trade Centre behind the hotel for £5 each. Did eat dinner there one evening and the service was outstanding. I am a vegetarian and was offered three or four options which were not on the menu. This is very unusual here in England but unheard of in Spain. Cost was what you would expect in a high class restaurant, cant remember exactly how much but it certainly wasnt a rip off. Overall wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel, cost £238 for two nights through Bargainholidays and was well worth it. Suspect it may be cheaper to book directly with the hotel. Location is five minutes walk from Las Ramblas which must be seen. Dozens of street entertainers and cafe bars and restaurants. We had been warned about crime in this area but didnt see any at all, felt very safe wondering round late at night. Tourist bus stopped right outside the hotel and was an ideal way to see Barcelona but be prepared to queue. Overall it was a fabulous weekend break and we wouldnt hesitate to stay at the Marina again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean surrounding, Avant-garde Art and a soft sea Breeze envelope the privileged facilities at the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel ***** GL. It is located in the World Trade Centre - leisure and business Complex in the middle of Barcelona's Old Harbour. The colourful Ramblas street and the magic of the Gothic Quarter make the perfect match for a unique feeling which is to be experienced from any of the eight floors of our magnificent Hotel. Both businessmen & women and leisure tourists will find in the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel a wonderful place to enjoy a perfect stay, surrounded by every possible amenity and comfort. An excellent communications network that connects the Hotel to the Old Town and to the Financial District simply adds that little extra to a truly luxurious offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Grand Marina Barcelona
- Hotel Eurostars Grand Marina
- Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia