“Nice hotel, well located, really slow wifi”

Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel
Ranked #189 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is nice, the rooms are good, the food is good, the location is good. I stayed here on business though and the wifi was frustratingly slow. It took ages to send and download basic attachments and streaming video was impossible. I would not stay here again on a work trip for this reason only.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We've just returned home from a 3-night stay at the hotel & it was great; very clean, good location near to the beach and La Rambla, nice breakfast, very helpful reception staff and very comfortable room. There wasn't much of a view from our room, but to be honest, we only used it as a base because there was far too much to see and do to spend much time inside a hotel room! We had breakfast at the hotel in our last morning, which was a bit pricey (€55 for two of us), but that didn't even seem that bad considering we enjoyed a 'champagne breakfast' with the cava & fresh orange juice! Well, why not? A holiday's a holiday, after all! :-D

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Lee-ann C
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I used Priceline to book this for 3 people (mom, 2 teens: 14 and 17) in August for 3 nights. The rate was 250 Euros a night. When I asked for a 3rd bed for my very petite 14 year old, I was charged an extra 150 Euros a night. The other option was 2 rooms. If she were <12 years old the charge would have been less (I think 80 Euros), but she was considered an adult. The room was very large and nice, but I would not have paid 400 Euros for this hotel, but was locked in. Be careful if you are booking for more than 2 people.

Do not count on sleeping in on a Saturday morning! A cruise ship docked right next to the hotel and we could hear the ship announcements (starting when they docked about 7 am) for several hours.
Location is good: It is a close walk to metro and Ramblas. We were looking for something close to the beach in August and it is about a mile walk. We were going on a cruise and it is a quick cab ride to the port (don't use their 80 Euro service to the port).

Deck on roof is nice w/small pool and hot tub and nice view)
You have to call for turn down service, so we missed it because we ere out most of day. It should be automatic in a hotel like this.
Staff was good: very attentive and helpful and speak many languages (impressive)

We had an unfortunate incidence that the battery on the door look went dead Sat. afternoon, which meant we had to wait inline at the desk each time we needed to get in the room to have some one let us in until it was fixed on Sat. am. they extended our checkout by 1 hour for this (since we spent so much packing time in line).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed for one nite prior to getting on our 24 day cruise on Holland America. Beautiful hotel. We had a suite and it was just a piece of heaven!!! Relaxing, and we loved walking everywhere. Diagnol Magna Mar mall is so close, and again Las Ramblas is right there. Thankyou so much for your kindness, and all the smiles!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave92024
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Although relatively expensive, it is a really lovely hotel, in a good location and I definitely had an enjoyable stay.
The staff were seriously helpful and nothing was too much of a chore for them.
When we arrived at our room (after given the choice of 3), we weren't overly impessed by it or the view, so went back to the reception and asked to change to one of the other rooms. This was a lot nicer and wasn't an inconvenience to be moved. We got to pick our own pillows to sleep on and the chambermaid came at times that suited us (some days after 6pm even). The breakfast was tasty, with a huge range of food and drink options to choose from. The beds were comfortable and I had a really good night's sleep. Rooms were spotless and there were no shortage of clean towels.
The only things that let the hotel down were the lack of sunbeds around the pool area, you really had to get there at the right time of day to secure a hotel, which is ridiculous as it is a massive underused area.
The other thing that was a real letdown was the RIDICULOUSLY bad wifi connection, it was virtually impossible to connect and stay connected and when you were connected it barely worked. This meant that I was constantly turning my data roaming on. Finally everything on the pool bar/restaurant/room service menu was ridiculously overpriced and meant that we had to leave the hotel if we were hungry.
Apart from these few flaws, I would highly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view and on a higher view, it really is spectacular view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank David R
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Despite being extremely expensive, this hotel is in reality a mid-range 3 star establishment. We booked two rooms each with a double bed. I made the booking through their own website; whilst a little more expensive they offered a free upgrade, amenities and a late check-out to 2pm.

We arrived early and they were not able to let us check-in (which is fair enough). When we eventually got to our rooms we found we have been given two rooms only one of which had a double bed. I reported the matter and they basically asked me just to put up with it. I said no. I the had to wait two hours before they found a suitable room and I was moved two floors away from the other room we had booked.

The rooms were fine ... for a 3 star hotel.

When we checked out I accidentally left a case with some Australian currency in it in the room (stupid!) I phoned them shortly after but the person on the phone wasn't interested and told me to send them an e-mail. I did so. They wrote back and said they couldn't find it, which i

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JamesM82
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've been there for business reasons and had a three nights stay.
At first sight I was stunned by the room, spacious, sophisticated, full of comfort and with an amazing decor. All was conceived to make your stay at most, there was a fitness center and loads of great facilities.
Service in-room was very good.
The only major issue for a businessman: the Internet connection. I had one RIM, one Android and one OS device and a laptop. I was given four passwords and tried desperately to get connected. I couldn't work. I went down to the reception to ask for solving the issue and I was told that in some rooms of the hotel the Internet connection doesn't work and that the Apple devices can be hardly connected to the system. This is unconceivable for such a hotel which hosts a World Trade Center.
I needed to go in an outside cafe to work. My company is based in the US and had the time difference.
I would love to come back to Eurostars Grand Marina, but surely it won't be for business purposes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business