“Reservation near disaster” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #112 of 325 Barcelona B&B and Inns
White Plains, New York
“Reservation near disaster”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Last week, after having researded Pensio 2000, and being very impressed with the Trip Advisor reviews I checked availability and sent a reservation on the pension's internet form. I did receive the automated message that I would receive a confirmation via e-mail. When I did not hear back the next day I went to the pension's website and sent an URGENT message directly requesting a response as I had re-checked the availability and now saw that it was booked -but that could be my booking. After 48 hours I still did not receive any notice so I finally resorted to calling the pension directly! When I reached the management and gave my name the gentleman I spoke to acknowledged that he recognized my name and confirmed that he did indeed receive my reservation and my subsequent email and "that he had just that morning sent me a message that there were no rooms available". I told him that I did not receive any message and that I was disappointed that it was now more than 48 hours and it seemed an unreasonable amount of time for them to wait to let me know that there was no rooms. He made some vague comment that seemed to indicate that IF that had one I would have heard. Since I had given all of my credit card information I would not have made a second booking until I heard back from Pensio 2000. Given that I was only booking 10 days ahead this lack of response and customer service could have resulted in a disaster for me being able to find suitable accommodations. Just for the record - he had lied about responding to my URGENT email - as I never received the courtesy of a reply. Apparently the superior customer service is given only once you get into Pensio 2000.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dolores P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Soenderborg, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this small but very cosy and familiar hotel. It has a really good location not far from the Rambla and just 3 minutes walk away from the nearest Metro-station.
There is free coffee, tee, cakes and cold water at all times of the day and a PC that everybody can use.
You also get a little exercise when taking all 50 staircase steps from the street to the hotel - everyone must decide for themselves if this is positive or not - but please remember there is a lift for the suitcases.
The room no. 4 was great with 4 beds and with plants on the little balcony and a great wiew to the narrow and quiet streets.
The hosts are very friendly and we would certainly like to come back - rather sooner than later.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Soleyman
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Pensio 2000 for six days and it was excellent. The location is prime for easy walks to all the great sites and areas of interest, and if you need to go out a little further, there's a subway stop a stones throw from the hotel that can get you where you want to go. The proprietor, Orlando, is super nice and helpful, and provides for all your needs.

We stayed in Room #1, which actually is two bedrooms and a full bath. One bedroom has a double bed and the other has two twins, so traveling with 3-4 people is easy. When we return to Barcelona with our child or children, we'll definitely stay there again!

By far, the best thing about the hotel is it's prime location. You can walk to Exemple, La Rambla, Bario Gothic, Barceloneta, anywhere, within 15-20 minutes. But you better take your camera, because you are sure to see many wonderful sites along the way!

Room Tip: Room #1 has a small balcony and sleeps four in two rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
17 Thank cshawnb
Torshavn, Faroe Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We loved Pensió 2000, not least because it's a quiet oasis in the middle of everything in Barcelona. We only used the metro twice during our 5-day-long stay, as almost everything was within walking distance. Also, the service was great, with 24h coffee/tea/drinking water/snack service and internet access (1 euro a day).
The only not-perfect thing was that there is only one key per room, meaning you have to coordinate your coming and going.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7, where the windows face the patio/terrace. There was no absolutely no sounds fro...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank Marluffa
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Pensio 2000 for almost two weeks while vacationing in Barcelona. The location of Pensio 2000 was excellent, right in the city with easy access to all main attractions. The hotel was very cozy and clean and the service was great. The owners Orlando and Manuela treated all their guests like family. Great service for a great price! Perfect for when out and about exploring everyday. Very affordable with spaceous rooms and privacy!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
22 Thank Maria G
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

My family and I were traveling in Spain and we experienced staying in various accommodations as we travelled city to city. However, I must say Pensio 2000 was the best of all.

It was modest, but comfortable-it felt just like home. There were biscuits and coffee in the living room all the time. The rooms were clean. And the owners of the Pension, were just so kind.

I felt that it was their hospitality and warmth that made our stay such a good and memorable one. I hope and I want to come back to Barcelona. And when I do, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011
31 Thank Nadia A
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had a great time at Pensio 2000. It is in terrific location, practically facing the Palau de la Musica. Orlando and his wife were excellent hosts, providing us with advice and tips to get around the city. Prices were reasonable, and they even provided laundry service for a very fair price of 6 euros. We travel light, one bag each, and the lack of elevator was not a problem for our 60 year old arms and legs. The whole building and area has an old world charm about it. It is within walking distance to most of the Gaudi attractions. And as a previous posted noted, near a metro and bus stop. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had room # 7, which was a large room whose windows opened to the inter courtyard. There are music...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple