Hostal Grau
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
$308
$289
$391
  • Breakfast included
Salles Hotel Pere IV(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$171
$166
Official Site
  • Pool
Hotel Praktik Bakery(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Bar/Lounge
$219
$200
Hotels.com
$293
$246
Agoda.com
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$194
$162
  • Restaurant
$336
$258
  • Restaurant
H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
$242
$216
$288
getaroom.com
  • Pool
All reviewsla ramblaeco hotelgreat locationceiling fanlounge areastreet noisecharming hotelliving roomthe staff was friendly and helpfulbring earplugsairport busdefinitely stay here againair conditionertwo blocksfamily roomnoisy at nightmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
HosteriaGrau, Propietario at Hostal Grau, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here in July 2010 so a few years ago now but I think my points will still be valid. The main thing this place has going for it is its location and security. You really are in the thick of Barcelona's amazing sidestreets from the moment you step outside the door. I was there for Sonar and it was especially well-located for this, just a stone's throw away.

Also the security was good when I went. It is worth mentioning that these streets can be a little dodgy when walking back from anywhere late at night. For eg I saw a very odd looking older woman with a younger guy on a bike who gave me the heebie jeebies slightly, but thankfully the guy on reception came outside when I mentioned them and they left.

My room was ok, it was a decent sized single with a seperate shared bathroom outside, which was a tad inconvenient at times but you get what you pay for. I think it was about 40/45 euros a night so I can't complain.

Reception staff and service in general was friendly and the bar was SO lively during the World Cup! In fact the Spanish fans in general were hilarious to watch.

The only major thing I would say is, even though it is great value and the location is good, the walls are far too thin which is probably to be expected in an old building. I could hear lots of, ahem, 'couple activity' occurring in most of the rooms around me, in fact I'd hear someone enjoying themselves at least once a day. It was a bit much.

I'd consider returning but if I had a choice I'd seek out somewhere with sound proofing first ;)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LotusQueen
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is an ideal location. The people at the 24 hour desk were very accommodating. We were pleasantly surprised that there was air conditioning because our confirmation email said there would only be fans. There is some street noise, but closing the windows and using the a/c helped. We stayed in two different rooms. The first room was preferable because the bathroom was larger. The second room had a very small bathroom. Everything was clean, however. If you are looking for a good location at a reasonable price, this works. Be aware that this lodging does not provide breakfast.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Small room, no TV, if you agree with that it is perfect ! Location and price are good. No breakfast but you can get them outside ( head for La Boqueria market to get fruit juices and fruits in the morning)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here for a week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The street is extremely noisy, but a slate of entertainment by itself. Just make sure you have earplugs....you will definitely need them, and enjoy the cacophony of noise and action from the pedestrian street below (we were on the second floor) til 4 in the morning! We had 2 small balconies to view out of, and the compact room was well suited for a stay. This is a european style room, with very compact bathroom, but thoroughly comfortable. Breakfast 'round the corner, for coffee and croissants or buns...up the street if Starbucks is your a.m. fix. Tons of tapa bars and restaurants short strolls away. Free hi-speed internet in our room, as well as a cozy lounge with a monitor and computer.
CLEAN as a whistle! Pay attention to where you get out at Placa Catalunya...bus, train or whatever, Hosteria is easy to find once you figure out your orientation. Would stay here again in a heartbeat, highly recommended, just bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Take street side for interest/excitment..... rear for quiet, although we didn't see or stay in a rear room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple