For about 35euro per person in a double room with shower but no WC, this place is great value. Compared to the 25euro you pay in a stinky 10 bed room hostel down on Las Ramblas, this well looked after place on the 4th floor is 5 mins away from Las Ramblas and the usual tourist haunts so you have some space to move. The owners/managers are nice elderly people who accomodated my non-existent spanish. We even had an upgrade to a 4 bed room as it was a quiet weekend. No soap when we arrived, but it was safe, comfortable and did the job for a couple of nights.
If you pay peanuts and want the Hilton, youre being a bit cheap. Pay these nice people a visit and you'll be happy you did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm Guest accommodation with 11 rooms in the center of Barcelona. Located next to the beautiful Urquinaona Square and 3 minutes walking from nerve center of Plaza Catalunya.Bright rooms most with balcony to Via Layetana. A few meters from the Cathedral and a short walk from the old Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hostal Fontanella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Fontanella Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal Fontanella Barcelona, Catalonia