“budget hostel close to catalunya square”
Review of Hostal Eden

Hostal Eden
Ranked #488 of 728 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“budget hostel close to catalunya square”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

barcelona being one of the most expensive city in spain.on a tight budget finding single
room with private shower was not easy.at £27 per night. booked well in advance.this was the cheapest option.being a hostel was bit weary of students/noise in the hostel.this hostel is about 10-15 walk from the catalunya square.from the airport aerobus a1 and a2 stop here. the hostel is not hard to find with a good map.from catalunya aquare you can take metro to all major attractions.went past the hostal couple of times. there is no sign on the door.the hall was dark . there was no sighn for the reception.its on the fist floor.frendly staff.the room was medium size. not small as i expected.there was mini bar.the bed was very close to the wall.strugle to get to other side of bed(see pic).NOTE. there were no toiletries. not even a bar of soap or cup .there is minimarket in front of the hostel.you buy you toiletries.the room was clean. it was cleaned daily and linen were chaged daily. to my surprise the hostel was quite during my stay.not many students.there are no facility for cooking or restaurant.there is vending machine for drinks.i would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The place is really poor. The receptionist is rude and unwelcoming. We had a triple room which was awfully crammed. The furniture is so random to the point that each piece is different as if it came from a different pile of junk.
the only good thing about this place is its location. it's a 5 minutes walk from placa catalunya.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank basmaberti

Travelers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I booked this hotel because of the location and price, and the description sounded really nice... But... When I read the reviews about this hotel I almost cancelled my booking - I don't know what the people experienced or expected, but I sure don't have anything to complain about!
The staff was nice, the room was nice, and the bathroom was nice - the furniture wasn't exactly new and modern, but I didn't travel all the way to Barcelona to spend my days in the hotel room anyway...
The only "negative" thing is that the walls are thin, and my neighbors toilet was right next to the bed I slept in, well - there was a wall between ofcourse ;-) Also around 8 AM it sounded like someone upstairs above my room played some sort of computer wargame, but that's all...
I'm glad I didn't cancel my booking and I would recommend it to everyone and wouldn't mind staying there again ;-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TheArtistMalene
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I chose this place because of its location. This was the only good thing about this Hostel. Rooms were just horrible. I had a wooden bunkbed and my window (at least that room had one) overlooked the drainpipes. The room was dark and hopeless. This was the worst experience I've ever had.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Orkney Islands, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Great location and great price, all things considered you cannot expect much more than you get from this place. I don't know if it has changed in recent years, but I am shocked at some of the reviews! We had absolutely no problems, the beds were average but certainly not uncomfortable, everything was clean, and our room had a fridge which came in very handy. The bathroom was great, I loved the bathtub, and they provided a hairdryer too. (also FYI towels, soap & shampoo are included, I know in some hostels you have to rent towels).

However the main thing I was especially pleased about was the service from the staff. As a few have mentioned, their English is not spectacular but it didn't matter. We popped in here first to ask about another hotel we had booked but could not find. When we had given up, we came back here to book a room and even after we had paid, she asked if we had actually booked with the other hotel. When we said yes, she immediately looked it up online and phoned their number several times, and even phoned someone else to ask if they knew anything about the place. I thought it was really good of them, we didn't even ask them to go to that trouble.

The only thing that I could even think to mention as a downside was at the end of our first day I really fancied a bath - but there was no plug! Went down to reception to be told that the cleaners have the plugs, but they had gone home and she had no access to them. I found that kind of strange...

Overall, a pleasant hostel especially considering the price and location. Not many amenities but definitely worth it if all you want is a clean, comfortable bed for the night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clarissal
GREECE
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Ugly, old and the beds seemed to be camp beds. Not clean not dirty, just ok. Most of the staff spoke English but not very friendly with one exception - thank you Carolina! The location is very good, metro is just a few meters away, Catalanya sq a short walk away and across the street is a 24h cafe-very convenient. We didn't mind the noise as we were so tired every night that only a war could wake us up. For the money we paid we didn't expect something special, but at least the beds could be real beds.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I lived there for six months and loved it!!! People just like to complain! Thanks Dani & Jose!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple