“A secret wonder”

Book In Advance
More Info
$214.44*
and up
Gay Friendly Private Horta Gardens and Tibidabo...
Ranked #73 of 757 things to do in Barcelona
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is one of Barcelona's hidden treasures. A bit far away, but 15 minutes by subway from the centre, on the green line, this property on the hills that form the background of Barcelona , offers great views of the city, a nice labyrinth, a cool shady place in the summer and a beautiful sight away from the tourist crowds. Extremely recommendable!

2  Thank ariana60
Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"statues"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had been very keen to see Parc Del Laberint so I checked out its location online. Someone had written a review claiming Montbau was the nearest metro, but believe me, it wasn't! Firstly, take the green metro line (L3) towards Canyelles and alight at Mundet metro – as soon as you exit the metro you will find yourself at the bottom of a road. Walk up the road until you reach a roundabout and take a right – the path is a little steep. The road is actually leading up to the University Campus. Take the first slip road on the right. You will see the Velodrom D'Horta ahead. The steps up to the park is on the left just before you reach the footbridge!!

Now to review the park...I loved it!! There is a little mobile shop selling cold drinks, ice lollies, sandwiches etc, as soon as you enter through the park gates. There is also a toilet attached to the mobile shop if you are desperate! There are a total of eleven places of interest in the park but the maze was what I had wanted to see and I was slightly let down by its condition. Maybe it was due to the time of the year but the hedging was very bare in a lot of parts. You could practically see through most of it! In saying that I did enjoy having a wander around it. I think it took me around 20 minutes in total to get around the maze. After that I journeyed further on up the park passing the Fountain of the water nymph Egeria; the romantic canal; the neo-classic pavillion; and finally back down again to have a quick look at the romantic garden. All of it was so extremely pretty and I am really glad I endured the journey to see it. The park is popular and I did find a lot more kids running around than I would have liked. There was no charge on the day I visited (Sunday) but I believe there is generally an entrance fee.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Parc Del Laberint the next time I am in Barcelona. I would definitely allow at least 2 ½ – 3 hours for this park to ensure all areas are visited.

6  Thank Original T-Bird
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I visited the Laberint yesterday, and absolutely loved it. It was a ways out of the city, but extremely easy to arrive by metro. Off the train (Mundet Station) up a small, but steep, hill and you are there. The €2.23 price for an Adult was a shock... and in a good way! This is Barcelona, I was thinking it would cost me at least €12 to enter! Once inside it was breathtaking, beautiful natural environment, and a great escape from the bustling city life. I went immediately to the Labyrinth, and got lost inside. I thought it was going to be very simple, but found myself running into dead ends on more than one occasion. I found the more elaborate labyrinth was everything surrounding it though. It was a blast getting lost in the forest and gardens here. A great escape from Barcelona and close enough to Park Guell you can make the perfect afternoon of it!

2  Thank amlewis
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've visited this place today at midday. I found it so green, and so very well designed to walk along. Old castles where many famous people had been. It's been like a ghost trip to old times. I could picture that. Very nice!!,