We stayed at this hostel at end of an intrepid trip and added on a few nights privately. It is clean and good location but not value for money. Other places close by are much much better.
Our room on level 4 was a double and very smal, no air con only a small fan so very hot. Location was noisy and had to wear ear plugs at night. No TV but neighboring buildings are so close u can watch their TV. Bathroom small so that only one person could use at a time or if one person on loo other person had to walk over loo person to get to shower. A bit too intimate. Windows had some type of seal but not double glazing and didn't stop noise. Luckily the fan noise helped drown out outside noise.
The cost of this room for our private nights paid through an intrepid travel agent in Australia was 100 euros but if we booked direct would have cost 80 euros. New Zealand travel companions paying through intrepid agent in new Zealand paid 130 euros which was a major rip off for the room they got. Other travel companions who got a room on the day paid 60 euros and got air con so price is variable. I'd so standard is about 70 to 80 euros for twin/double.
Complicated system of getting to hostel rooms - u are buzzed into building than enter a 3 door lift pressing white button to get to reception on level 2 then get into lift pressing button 1 to get to rooms on level. 4. Not sure how to get to rooms on level 3. Good news is free wi fi.
So overall our room not worth the 100 euros we paid considering hotel around corner was 120 euros, with air con, near new and had swimming pool with much more professional reception area and service.
Cheap laundry around corner. Asian gentleman runs laundry plus Internet shop and washes and dries 8 kg laundry for 9 euros within 2 hours. Also some fabulous and amazing high quality but cheap restaurants nearby, including cheap silver service places but avoid anything on la rambler (main tourist strip/trap) side alleys much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostal Levante is situated in the Barcelona's central and oldest neighbourhood, el Gotico. Five minutes away from Las Ramblas, the city's main and most famous street and just fifteen minutes walking distance fron the beaches of the city (Barceloneta). It is well connected with the underground and the bus. It is easy visiting Barcelona and it's most emblematic buildings (Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, La Pedrera, Casa Batllo, Gothic Cathedral), museums (Picasso, Macba, Mnac) and attractions (FC Barcelona - Camp Nou, Montjuic fountain, Tibidabo, Puerto Olimpico, Born) from the Hostal in a comfortable and easy way. Enjoy Barcelona, one of the Europe's most beautiful cities, staying in Hostal Levante. It is a familiar, pleasant and welcoming Hotel. The rooms have just been reformed, it has heating and private bathrooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Hostal Levante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Levante Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal Levante Barcelona, Catalonia