If you like a lie in then this hotel is not for you. Every morning including Sunday the hotel wakes up at 7am and likes to let you know about it. It is not a new building so has been converted and therefore there are no doors to block off noise coming up the main staircase from every other floor including the restaurant. The cleaners make no effort to be quiet and even with a do not disturb sign on the door they will quite happily have a loud conversation outside your door at 8am. The walls and floors are thin so you can hear everything going on upstairs and next door to you.
The rooms are fine but slightly basic. You only get one thin pillow so if you want to sit up in bed its uncomfortable. We were in a room at the back of the hotel which was a shame as there were no windows except for a tiny one in the corner that looked out into the windows of the building next door making the room very dark and cave like. The bathroom is fine.
The TV has CNN and BBC news so caters for English speakers as well as having a wealth of Spanish and Catalan channels.
Also, they do not have an iron on site to borrow. You have to give your ironing to the cleaner who will return it next day and charge you for it.
The best thing about this hotel is its location. It is parallel to Las Ramblas and about 2 minutes from the nearest Metro station. It is easy walking distance to Placa de Catalunya and Passeig de Gracia.
All in all, for location it's perfect but if you like peace, quiet and sleep then it's not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable and modern, the ILUNION Almirante enjoys a privileged location that will make us dream of the past. Located in the heart of the Gothic Quarter, just 200 meters from the Cathedral and the Palau de la Musica and a few minutes from the Borne area, famous for its variety of restaurants and its bohemian and elitist atmosphere.Guests can stroll down the famous Ramblas, located less than 10 minutes walk and the metro station Jaume I is only 300 meters away.All rooms are decorated with contemporary furnishings and amenities that will make guests feel at home: free Wi-Fi, free bottled water, flat-screen TV, satellite TV, free safety deposit box and air conditioning .The hotel offers as well a fitness center and several PC’s located in the main lobby offering free Wi-Fi access. Room service available during limited hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ILUNION Almirante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Confortel Almirante Hotel Barcelona
- ILUNION Almirante Barcelona, Catalonia