This hotel really made our stay in Barcelona hugely enjoyable - the location was absolutely super; it's right on La Rambla but is down far enough so as to give a bit of respite from the noise of Placa Catalunya. We had planned on getting a Metro travelcard for the duration of our trip but in fact didnt need to use public transport at all as we were so close to everything...the hotel is on the Ramblas, backing onto the gothic quarter, a 5 minute stroll from Placa Catalunya, a short walk to the beach...it really was perfect.
As for the hotel itself, while it wasn't luxurious, it was far better than many low-cost hotels I've stayed in in Europe. The room was extremely spacious with a large bathroom (which had an excellent shower) and also had a lovely little balcony overlooking the Ramblas.The beds were really comfortable and we slept very well...I would advise anyone to ignore other reviews of this hotel which complain about the noise; we hardly heard a sound but really, if you are looking for a really silent hotel, don't stay in the busiest area in Barcelona!
The hotel staff were absolutely lovely and so accommodating, they provide free internet and were more than happy to print our boarding passes for the airport free of charge (and free of hassle). Our flight back to Ireland was at 11pm and the hotel stored our luggage (again free of charge) from when we checked out at midday until we left for the airport at 9pm...this really added to our last day and impression of the hotel.
Overall I would highly recommend this lovely hotel and really look forward to returning to it myself!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quite affordable in light of its extremely central location on Las Ramblas, the Hotel Cuatro Naciones in Barcelona has been providing basic rooms for more than 200 years . Turn-of-the century style unfolds in a lobby decked out with high crown molding, wrought ironwork, and marble galore. ... Read MoreA sweeping staircase leads to 55 simplistic rooms with white walls and punchy pink bedspreads and curtains. Floors are smooth stone mosaic. There's also an elevator, if stairs aren't your thing. Fourteen of the rooms at the Hotel Cuatro Naciones offer sweeping views of La Rambla. The first floor salon is a must-see, featuring hotel-related news clippings through the ages and signed photos and memorabilia of the hotel's most famous guests. The fancy guest history includes Stendhal, Frederic-Francois Chopin, Ulysses S. Grant, and Buffalo Bill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Cuatro Naciones reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cuatro Naciones Hotel
- Cuatro Naciones Barcelona
- Hotel Cuatro Naciones Barcelona, Catalonia