Don't expect much from this hotel, but if you're basically looking for a place to sleep and shower, this is great. The location is perfect. Walking distance to La Rambla. Excellent location if you're planning on doing walking tours. Extremely close to metro transportation, restaurants and a lot of the places you'd like to see.
I stayed here for about 5 nights in late March of 2014. Took a cab from the airport, which cost about 35 Euro. The taxi was not able to get to right in front the hotel, so basically straight off the plane, I was forced to walk around the area, small streets, laid out in no particular order, while dragging a full sized, heavy suitcase. Not the perfect situation. After stopping to ask a couple of times, I finally found the hotel. It's off a main street, onto a side street, then you turn onto another street, and then a couple steps off into an alley.
Check in was a breeze, there were no issues. My room was near the elevator, and was quiet and clean. Functional, with a small desk as well. Walking into the room, you go down a narrow hallway caused by the bathroom. You then enter a decent sized room, with a bed, small closet, desk and chair and bedside tables. The private bathroom was fine, but don't expect shampoo or conditioner left in there for you.
Things to be aware of:
- You need to turn in your keys every time you leave the hotel - apparently so that you don't make copies of the key, or so I was told.
- The hotel is located in an alley, but at no point was I ever uncomfortable or felt unsafe (Female solo traveler)
- Mentioned above, no shampoo or conditioner. I received a basic soap for the bath, but that was it. Also, weirdly enough, one day housekeeping left me a half empty tube of body wash. Needless to say, I didn't use it.
- Again, mentioned above, the cab will not take you directly to the hotel. Plan ahead, do some research and have an idea of where the hotel will be located. Also, be prepared to pay the 35-40Euro for the trip. Depending on the terminal you land in, I was told it could be significantly more.
- Internet is very shaky in room. I stayed on the 2nd floor, right next to the elevator. Barely got a signal, unless i had my laptop in a very specific spot on the bed.
- Big one! There were NO windows in the room. This is a bit awful since there's no natural light to wake you, and throws off your sense of time totally!!!
Overall, I'd stay here again, the location is perfect, the room is clean. Not much more needed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Call reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Call Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Call Barcelona, Catalonia