“Cheap and cheerful”
Review of Hotel Peninsular

Hotel Peninsular
Ranked #368 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I went as part of a university trip and I ended up with a six bed room to myself. It was clean and the bathroom was huge. Good hotel for the price. The location is excellent. Off Las Ramblas but not close enough to hear any noise. Some noise from the inner courtyard but not too bad.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked for a 3 night stay through booking.com from South Africa, the hotel charged us for the first night on our credit card for €70 . When we arrived the guy at reception said we had a good room with a kingsize double bed. We went up to room 407 and entered but could not believe how small the room was. We could hardly get in with our 3 small suit cases and certainly no room to unpack. The bathroom was also very basic with a un enclosed shower. We could hardly sleep in the tiny bed and also we were given 1 thin pillow. At 4 am we were woken by late revellers coming in who continued their party for quite a while. Next morning we decided to check out , the manager did not have aproblem with this. I booked on lastminute.com a 4 star hotel for the same price,Eurostars Monumental great value large room all amenities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KnysnaAlane
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Recently stopped here (21-23rd May) as part of a student field trip. After reading some reviews I was fairly anxious but the hotel was fine and I had no complaints.

Rooms are basic, but most importantly clean and secure. The bathroom was a fair size and towels were provided. There is free wifi in the hotel and a courtyard area for sitting out of the room.

Breakfast is not varied, just rolls with ham/cheese and cereal. Coffee also available. I tried it on day one but went elsewhere on day two. Just up the Ramblas is a market which is good for fresh fruit at reasonable prices.

The hotel is in a good place for tourists as only a short walk to the Ramblas.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank polered
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We picked Hotel Peninsular on the recommendation of a travel "expert".The photos were great and so are the price and location It is a former Convent.. It was for one night after a cruise so we thought we'd try it. It was just what we expected.....a budget hotel,elevator, air conditioned, private bath, free WI-FI. No phone or tv. Nice staff and small but adequate breakfast.The hotel needs some fixing up. The location is bit seedy, but right off the Las Ramblas and across from a 5 star hotel.It was sold out, I would say it is below average. Florence1054

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel Peninsular's staff is really kind and professional, and the place has something quite relaxing, but unfortunatly, when me and my friend were out, someone came in our room and stole all our things. That was a really bad experience, but we have to thank the Director to the help he gave us and for the refund.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ConsuBi
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel has a very good location; only steps from Las Ramblas. The staff is very friendly, always willing to help, and very informative. The hotel has a nice Spanish charm to it. The room was very small, plainly decorated, but clean. The bathroom was pretty spacious for European standard. For the price, you really can't beat it. I would definitely stay here if traveling on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel Peninsular has some nice Spanish charm, it's clean and the staff is very friendly. The location is very good, close to La Rambla. I would like to give the hotel a better rating but unfortunately there are quite a few odd things that pull the rating down.

I stayed here during a business trip so wifi connection was essential. Unfortunately the connection didn't work in the rooms but just on the public areas. My room also had only one electrical outlet and it was in the bathroom. It would have been nice to have the outlet next to the bed so that I could charge my cellphone during the night.

My bathroom didn't have a shower curtain so when I took a shower the bathroom floor was almost flooding. The room was also quite chilly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business