“Beautiful Spa”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Beautiful Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

As soon as you walk into the reception area you feel instantly relaxed. The staff spoke very good English and we were given a discounted rate without even asking. We booked 24 hours before we used the spa but I can imagine you could walk in on the day and there would be some availability. The spa operates on 2 hour slots throughout the day so it is never over crowded. The spa is open late most evenings too.
We both booked the thermal spa session plus a 30 minute massage each.
The changing rooms were clean and the lockers are free of charge. You are given a towel and water socks which you keep on for the duration of your stay. There were hair dryers and basic toiletries for use after your spa too.
The actual spa area is very interesting, unlike anywhere I have ever been before. It is very dimly lit which takes a little while to adjust to!
Again, the area is very clean and the staff speak English.
The pools, jacuzzi and steam room were lovely. We enjoyed experiencing the range of different pools on offer.
There is water and tea available to keep you refreshed too.
We both had massages which were very relaxing. We were not asked about pressure or any areas to focus on but we both felt happy with the massage we received. Despite only being 30 minutes they managed to give a good full body massage.
I really recommend a visit to this spa, especially at the end of a break in the city when you are feeling a bit tired and achy!

• Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Everything you need to know in English”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

OK everyone, I visited this spa yesterday for a baths & massage package so here is the gen. You arrive & are welcomed by the people at the front desk who speak English quite well. There you get your wristbands which indicate what you are there for so I got 2 -1for my massage coloured green & 1 coloured something else which I can't quite remember. They escort you to the entry to the change room & that's where it all went pear shaped! Abandoned in there with no idea what to do & no-one to ask I set about watching what my fellow attendees were doing for clues. The lockers which are available are open and contain your slippers & a towel. Choose one with a number or location you can remember, get changed out of your street clothes & into your swimwear. I had not brought mine on holiday so after some signing to indicate that I needed a cossie to the lady in the white coat who had by then materialised. I put on my slippers which you do NOT take off in the various pools & wrapped up in my towel. I am somewhat voluptuous & it was sufficient, just.
The lady returned & handed me a nylon one piece black swimsuit in a plastic sealed packet. It was the right size (large) impressive as even I usually have trouble finding swimwear that fits although they were super stretchy which sure helped. I was now right to go & headed off out of the change room towards the pools where I was intercepted by some ladies who explained in English what was going to happen e.g. I would have my massage over there Then I needed to shower here then go to the pools and dip in them in this suggested order then sit on the heated marble areas & have a cup of water or tea & relax. In my case we headed off to the massage room which is quite dim as the only light is from the candles scattered around. Actually I found it very relaxing, what with the incense, the Arabic music etc Everyone is quiet and there are no loud people on mobiles to interrupt your revelry - heaven!
There are 5 different pools -hot, warm, freezing cold plus a Jacuzzi and a salt pool which was my favourite.
I was told that I could stay longer but after 30-40 minutes in the pools I got bored. After a shower and wash with the supplied body wash, which I also used for my hair so I think it must be multi-purpose, I undid my locker. Oh forgot to tell you about those, basically you pick a 4 digit number using the numberpad then press the lock/unlock key & it locks or unlocks automatically. Redressed & packed my swimsuit in a plastic bag which was provided. They also have combs, deodorant, shampoo, hairdryers etc which you can use. I think the mysterious lady in the white coat was in charge of that but she was AWOL when I was leaving so I just helped myself. Really wasn't sure what to do with the swimmers so I just took them home with me. I think that was correct because no-one took my name or gave me a receipt or anything so I'm thinking that they just don't want them back for hygiene reasons, which makes sense.
Overall a good relaxation massage & I have had massages all over the world - well I need to do research don't I?
The baths were clean and the atmosphere was lovely & relaxing with no hint of any shenanigans going on amongst the couple's, it really is too well lit and open for anything like that so don't be concerned. Also going solo was not a problem.
So there you go everything you need to know so no excuses to miss this lovely indulgence while you are in beautiful Barcelona!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nomadsjandp
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I came here in April for my birthday and had a lovely, lovely time. The staff at the spa are really helpful and friendly and help to explain the different areas of the spa to you.

The spa itself is really clean, peaceful and (despite being busy) seemed really quiet... which I know sounds a bit weird. However, because everyone goes to different bits of the spa, you never feel like the place is packed out at all or that you are intruding in other people's "spa time".

All of the relaxation pools were lovely, as were the three pools of differing temperatures that you go in one after another.

All in all, I would definitely visit again if I was to go back to Barcelona!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jlous85
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful and relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Took my mother to this place after days of walking around Barça, legs hurting and in need of serious relaxation. Entrance to baths only 29e, booked massage though. Paid online, no hassle. My mother loved it and was so happy. I would definately recommend it. They have set hours för guests to arrive, 2h each. Was enough time with a 45 min massage included. Extra tip: Head to la paradeta restaurant very close by to finish/start a great day if you love seafood.

2 Thank Tanmed
Barcelona, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Really worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went to the Arab baths last Sunday and everything was great. It was very easy to reserve online and the staff were very quick to answer any questions. We booked the spa and 30mins massage which was definitely worth it. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived and the place is so clean and well run with plenty of staff in the changing rooms and spa itself. They were especially accommodating with my sister who couldn’t have a regular massage due to an injury and they did their best to make sure she enjoyed her treatment. Definitely worth the money to spend a relaxing afternoon in Barcelona.

Visited September 2013