“The place is beautiful but not nice at all.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Aire de Barcelona

Aire de Barcelona
Ranked #2 of 128 Spas & Wellness in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Barcelona, Spain
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“The place is beautiful but not nice at all.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I went there with husband, thinking that it will be a relaxed experience but it was all the opposite.
Arriving there they don't explain too much , just say to you go to the toilet and go change.
When I arrived in the toilet, nobody explained me which locker I should use, and then I took the first one that was already opened. The woman who worked there yelled at me saying that this locker was for another person (but there was no sign, or nothing saying so) and said to me to take my clothes out from there. It felt humiliated. I don't know why the other client deserve more explanation/attention than others. She didn't explained nothing to me, but for some others she was all patient, and helpful. I speak English/Spanish/Portuguese, she could have been more polite in any language if she wanted.
Well, arriving in the SPA zone downstairs, it really beautiful but it's very crowded. They explain a little bit how to use the pool and say that in the end, they will "ring a bell" then you have to leave. I have been in different spas but this one seems more a "factory treatment" than a spa/relaxed vibe.

7 Thank carolinalauriano

• Polish first
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great place to visit when in the City of Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Have been here a few times on my visits to Barcelona, and to their sister Spa/Baths in Seville. Well worth a visit.

Visited September 2012
Barcelona
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“More a playground than a spa”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The premises are nice, but that´s all: forget about having a relaxed time or a real professional massage. You are in a group and have 2 hours to enjoy the different pools and have your massage (I really think that the person was a not an expert in massages, I am sure I could do better!) and then a person shout out to the group to go out because your turn is done. While I was in one pool, one cleaning lady was just sweaping the floor with all the cleaning products coming to me in the pool. So, I do not recommend this place in Barcelona, you have many other places where you can enjoy real relaxation and professional massages.

5 Thank Yemanja07
buffalo
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I decided to end our month long holiday here. We were so glad we did! First off the area the spa is in is lovely. It's directly across the street from a park with gorgeous fountain. But back to the spa, we went with no real expectations other than to relax. I read other reviews and I can see if you're expecting an amazing deep tissue massage don't go!!! This spa is more about the experience and not the treatments. Just FYI, I've been a licensed massage therapist for over 10 years so I'm VERYpicky.
So they take you in shifts. I'd say there's about 20 people at a time and they put wrist bands on so therapists know which treatment you're getting as there is no talking once you're inside(we talked just very low). I think this is good so they don't have to bother you with questions while you're relaxing in the waters. The pools go from ice cold, luke warm, warmer to hot. Soooo relaxing. And they have an awesome sauna(I usually have a panic attack in saunas but not this time). My husband and I especially loved the tea. We drank sooo much of it. YUM!!
My husband said his massage was very light but relaxing and I like my massages to hurt and this one didn't. However as I stated I wasn't expecting deep because they don't offer it. She did firm but light and it was very good.
I feel if you have expectations to relax and just enjoy something new than GO!! Oh also they just opened one in NYC! Yay for me.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Wow! Although it was very busy, it was an amazing experience, that I would recommend to anyone visiting Barcelona. You won't regret it! It is something I will never forget and it's very romantic! It is underground under the arches and beautiful lighting throughout. There are the different temperature pools, a steam room, salt water pool and jacuzzi. We also booked in for a 45 minute massage, which was a lovely treat. I felt so relaxed afterwards!

1 Thank yippee33