“Amazing hotel!”

Ranked #13 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I planned a birthday surprise weekend for my boyfriend early October – I knew I wanted to go to Barcelona as he loves it there however I wanted the perfect hotel! I based my first research on the ‘top hotels of Barcelona’ from Trip Advisor and once I got the list I researched each one of them individually.

My choice was for Primero Primera which was based on the reviews and to be honest on the pictures – it did not look as the classic touristic hotel but instead seemed cosy, stylish and yes …more Spanish (Barcelona-type-hotel).

Once we got there we had to wait a bit for the room as we arrived a bit earlier but we had the chance to wait in the garden area …which has an amazing garden with a pool – we regretted we did not take our bathing suits with us! At this stage, my boyfriend was really happy with the hotel but definitely when he saw the room he was massively impressed! I asked for a junior suite …WORTH DEFINITELY the money. It’s a spacious room nicely decorated …the bathroom is full of details with lovely Jacuzzi and also we had a spacious balcony.

The weekend we stayed there, the staff made sure we had everything we needed. They provided us with expensive and cheap options of restaurants, things to see, information we required …everything we asked! I secretly told them it was my boyfriend’s birthday that weekend and they provided with several ideas of what they could send to the room for that night – we got brownies and a bottle of wine!

Regarding location, It is NOT in the centre of Barcelona however the closest tube is less than 5 minutes walking and the area around is lovely – plenty of restaurants! You won’t have a problem with the area being noisy as it is in a really nice quiet neighbourhood. However, if you are thinking about partying until the sun comes out …you should probably look for a more centre hotel …more Rambla’s type!

Finally, this was not my first time in Barcelona and whenever I decide to go back to this amazing city, I will definitely book again in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Clau G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brighton
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is just wonderful. Whilst it is not central it is in a very peaceful neighbourhood. I gave the metro a miss and hired an electric bicycle (available at the hotel) for the 3 days I was there. Brilliant! Loved it! You see Barcelona in a totally fresh way!
The room was large and elegantly designed with a balcony. All teas, coffees and soft drinks are included. Breakfast was yummy. The staff are warm and friendly, especially nice when you are travelling alone like I was.
Like all the best boutique hotels this has the feeling of staying in a family house.
So 5 stars, 10 points and congratulations to the owners and staff of Hotel Primero Primera. I will be back and I will recommend you enthusiastically.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Bearfoot
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Me and my wife stayed with our 2 yr old at this hotel for 4 nights recently and had a lovely time !

The hotel is in the neighbourhood of Sarria, which is away from the city centre but only 10 minutes on the metro (The metro itself is just a 5 min walk away).

The staff here are pleasant, friendly and we had a fantastic service. Particular mention should go to Susanna (during breakfast) and Juan in the bar.

A negative, if it could be, was that the room service menu and the breakfast could do with more options (especially the breakfast with some hot options would have been nice).

But overall, we had a great time at this hotel and would definitely recommend it !

Room Tip: Superior rooms on the top floor are great !!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank AnandLondon
Cheshire
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from 2 nights at PrimeroPrimera and could not rate the hotel, the service, the breakfast, the accommodation, the whole package, highly enough! All excellent.
The hotel is family-owned and has only been a hotel for 3 years (previously a family house). The decor is sumptuous and very well thought out. It is a 6 minute walk to Les Torres Metro station and within 10 minutes you can be in Placa Catalunya and Las Ramblas.

They have an "honesty bar" for guests in a lovely lounge and a gym and even a small swimming pool in the garden.
We stayed in one of the attic rooms A5. As we were shown to our room and the staff member opened the door, we both exclaimed "Wow!" It was very well thought out with a very modern feel. The fittings simple but very comfortable with warm wood and glass. There is a minibar but soft drinks are free. There is a "pillow menu" to suit everyone and the bed is very comfortable.
In the evening the bar is warm and comfortable and very relaxing. During the morning breakfast is served there.
Again, Wow! From what I remember...
Cereals, croissant (plain and chocolate), various muffins, tortilla, meats, cheeses (soft and hard), fruits, several different breads, yogurts, coffees, teas, juices and more...

As before, we could not rate this place highly enough. We will certainly return and will recommend it to everyone who wants to listen.

• Stayed November 2013
6 Thank judiththecakebaker
Crowthorne, UK
Reviewed November 18, 2013

After reading the trip advisor reviews we decided to book a weekend at Primero Primera. Everything was just perfect in every way. Excellent large room, comfortable beds, superb shower and bathroom couldn't be better. The breakfast is great and the staff are very helpful and attentive. Yes it's a little way out of the centre of town, however the metro is a short walk away and a great way to immerse yourself in the Barcelona experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hemmo9
Majorca, Spain
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful Reformed family house in a very quite residence area of Barcelona. Good rooms, comfortable beds and modern bathrooms. Stylish decoration, living room in communal area, bar and garden with books, magazins, cofee and drinks. Exquisity and friendly service. I am originally from Barcelona and I am happy to see good customer service. Will repeat!!

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank BarcelonaNoe
Ashington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Total surprise visit last weekend. It was all and more of an amazing 5 days in Barcelona organised by my husband. Fabulous boutique hotel, didn't disappoint one bit. Every aspect of stay perfect and the staff couldn't have been more helpful or delightful. Out of the main city in residential area with some superb restaurants nearby, an absolute 'find'.

Room Tip: Apparently don't go for 14....not sure why!!??
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple