“Loved this qauint quirky little hotel”

Hotel Continental Barcelona
Ranked #192 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Ontario, Canada
“Loved this qauint quirky little hotel”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here one night post cruise and couldn't be happier with our choice. We picked this hotel after reading many recomendations on cruise critic.
I have to say , its a little quirky with its pink theme and old rickidy elevator, but it is also charming and homey and just felt good.
We really appreciated the snack bar, perfect little selections to enjoy either in the room on our balcony overlooking La Ramblas, or at the rear terrace. Of course we really enjoyed the beer and wine on tap. Very nice perk!
Unless you like super fancy, this hotel works very well, clean, good value, nice staff, and excellent location.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room. So nice to sit with a glass of wine and watch the world go by on La Ramblas
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 30, 2012

While only an average hotel (actually a bit worn with frayed and tired carpet), it is in a good location for touring and is a good stop before a cruise, etc. I liked it; my wife was really put off by the overall worn condition of the hotel...... The 24 hr buffet which includes free wine and beer is a great touch.....fresh fruit, minimal salad, bread and some "appetizer/light meal" options. Staff is helpful and rooms were clean. If you don't like pink, you might avoid this hotel!!

Room Tip: A street side balcony is really a nice touch
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

this was the first time we had stayed at the continental and it wont be the last, there was four of us we had a lovely time in barcelona .we made this hotel our base for our sightseeing midweek break.it was right on top of the bus stop and metro of which both are so easy to use.the staff were very helpfull and couldnt do enough for you.the iceing on the cake was the alday buffet and drinks we couldnt belive our luck.thankyou to all the staff.

Room Tip: try and get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Location is perfect--very short walk to metro, airport bus and las Ramblas. Hotel is clean but pretty worn out (our room anyway). However beds were very comfortable. Staff was most helpful in every way and the buffet is a nice touch--beer and wine on tap! Food not the greatest, but acceptable. A/C worked well enough and our room was acceptably quiet. The back patio was delightful after a long day of sightseeing. Would stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was a bit wary of this hotel given its location on La Ramblas (I was worried it would be too loud),but I could not have been happier about my decision to stay here. The staff was incredibly helpful during my four-night stay here. The snack and drinks bar was incredibly handy after a long day of walking around/site-seeing. As a solo traveler, the location was very important to me and I did not want to be stuck in a loud/rowdy area. The Hotel Continental Barcelona was in the perfect location - only steps away from the airport bus stop and at the northern end of la Ramblas (you're still in the action, but you can still sleep at night). My room happened to face the back courtyard, which was nice and quiet. Very relaxing. The staff was superb. They stored my bags for me and let me rest in the hotel sitting area well after I checked out (I had a late train). A great choice for a great price.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank bobcajun
Cypress, California
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Several friends chose this hotel for a post cruise stay and I must say we had a nice time. the staff were very accomodating and there was a nice patio area for our group to gather .
great location for accessibility to the city attractions.
I would consider staying there again when traveling with friends

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank traveln2011
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Continental for 5 nights in May. It has an excellent location on the Ramblas, but a warning, if you are arriving by car, as we did (prior to dropping it off at the car rental at the airport), there is no parking available in front of the hotel, as is the case with other hotels on the Ramblas. We ended up parking illegally around the corner and I stayed with the car, whilst my husband schlepped our luggage over a few back-and-forth trips. However, once that experience was over, the location was great. The hotel is literally across the street from the metro station and a 3-minute walk to the Placa de Catalunya, where both the airport bus and the double-decker tourist bus (red and blue lines) take off. The Ramblas is a very lively place and fun for people-watching. We had a room at the back, so it was very quiet for us at night, although I am sure the Ramblas is going full-tilt until the wee hours.

As in most large cities, our room was very small, but it was well outfitted with lots of storage. My only complaint is that the air conditioner didn't seem to be controllable, despite changing the thermostat setting -- it was either off or on full-tilt. The hotel's rooftop patio was a wonderful haven and we enjoyed our breakfasts and afternoon snacks/drinks on it daily. Having the 7x24 food and beverage bar is a great idea and a great value. I wouldn't want to try to make a meal of it, except for breakfast, but it was so convenient to be able to get a glass of soda, wine, or beer and a light snack, such as fresh fruit, when you wanted it. I would also like to mention that the staff are very helpful, professional, and friendly. The wifi access worked well, both in the room and on the rooftop patio.

When you are in a great city like Barcelona, how much time are you going to spend in your hotel room? Really, other than showering and sleeping (and the bed was very, very comfortable), you are going to be out enjoying this fun, lively, wonderful city! So if you want to stay somewhere with a great location and great value, I would recommend the Hotel Continental Barcelona.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back (the windows in the bedroom and the bathroom opened onto an airshaft), so...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple