“Perfect evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Minerva

La Minerva
Ranked #2,468 of 9,396 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Gracia
Description: Restaurant created on the desire to offer a Swiss-styled service, with a local personality. The cuisine is international, though highly influenced by French and Italian cuisines; The key is the use of fresh local products in home-made dishes. One can chose from our selection of dishes or try out the tasting menu created by Chef. The restaurant is divided on two floors, one being ideal for groups up to aprox. 50 people.
“Perfect evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant on our last evening in Barcelona and couldn't have been happier. The food was wonderful, service was exceptional and the wine went perfectly. The atmosphere in this cosy restaurant was great and given the quality of food, it was the best value meal we had during our 5 days in the city.

Barcelona, Spain
“Really worth trying out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had often wondered past this place but never gone in and I am really glad I did. Really charming waiters brought me delicious food and the ambience was just fabulous.
I will definitely be going back, the service was wonderful! In a city of grumpy waiters, it was a shock to be so well treated.
If I had to make one criticism, it would be that perhaps they should warm the plates a little, but that's just me being picky.
Lovely place!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank vivaBarcelona24
Orlando, Florida
“A Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

So much for the other reviews, our experience was a major disappointment. We ordered the ravioli and braised lamb to find out neither were available. The only excuse was the lamb was still simmering and they ran out of ravioli over the weekend and had not made more. I couldn't believe the chef cut the beautiful sea scallops in half, which meant 1 1/2 scallop per serving, barely warm not even seared. I could not recommend this place.

Visited January 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Surprising find in a Barcelona alley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although I often pass by when going to or leaving my office, La Minerva's unpretentiousness had made it all but unnoticed to me. That's until my wife and I decided to give it a try on a Saturday evening. We couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. We had an excellent dinner, were warmly treated by our adept host, doubling as maitre d'hotel & waiter, and left thinking of coming back soon. Very reasonable prices, by the way.

• Visited January 2013
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went there on 8th January and had the tasting menu. It was excellent! I have eaten in a lot of top restaurants across the world and the meal I had here was one of the best. The service was first class and very personal. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Dawn J