“Surprising find in a Barcelona alley”
Review of La Minerva

La Minerva
Ranked #3,058 of 10,193 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gracia
Description: Restaurant created on the desire to offer a Swiss-styled service, with a local personality. The cuisine is international, though highly influenced by French and Italian cuisines; The key is the use of fresh local products in home-made dishes. One can chose from our selection of dishes or try out the tasting menu created by Chef. The restaurant is divided on two floors, one being ideal for groups up to aprox. 50 people.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although I often pass by when going to or leaving my office, La Minerva's unpretentiousness had made it all but unnoticed to me. That's until my wife and I decided to give it a try on a Saturday evening. We couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. We had an excellent dinner, were warmly treated by our adept host, doubling as maitre d'hotel & waiter, and left thinking of coming back soon. Very reasonable prices, by the way.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went there on 8th January and had the tasting menu. It was excellent! I have eaten in a lot of top restaurants across the world and the meal I had here was one of the best. The service was first class and very personal. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Dawn J
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were two families with seven children aged from 6 to 13 years old visiting Barcelona for a few days. La Minerva has been very accommodating and everyone really enjoyed its evening. Everything on the menu was delicious with a particular mention to the scallops and the entrecote cafe de Paris. All home-made desserts were worth a try too. This is quality in food and service that you would normally expect in more expensive restaurants. A most welcome alternative to Catalan food anyway. I will definitely recommend La Minerva to my friends.

1  Thank SwissPalate
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Ok found on trip advisor. Arrived too early w/o reservation
So we walked up the street of antique shops turned right then
First left for the Paris taxi bar. Perfect place to mull over
Hungry dining wait !
Went back and lower floor was full - told the we were there
Earlier they sent us upstairs and didn't skip a beat with my
Broken college Spanish. Everything was delightful
With white glove food service. The taxing menu was excellent
The main course was the least desirable given previous
Courses.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This restaurant is in the Eixample neighborhood. The dining room is a little below grade a full of atmosphere. Delicious food, excellent service. Wait staff is multi-lingual. Very good fine dining. I recommend it.

1  Thank Liz L