“Best thing we did in Barcelona hands down!”
Review of Bcnkitchen

Bcnkitchen
More attraction details
Owner description: bcnKITCHEN is a local cooking school, we are passionate about food and our objective is to share that passion with you! We have two kitchens, one in the charming Born district and the other in the Boqueria market building, all of the ingredients we use come from the market that you will be visiting with our chef. Once you arrive back at our cooking school, wine in one hand apron in the other, it’s time to start cooking! After a couple of hours of action you’ll sit amidst the dishes you have prepared with the satisfaction of having prepared a Spanish feast!
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My daughter and I attended this class, Chef Rais was wonderful, very warm, friendly and knowledgable. What I really liked was that it was SO much more than a cooking class, we learned about history, the area, walked as a group to the market, were given tips on foods and even where to buy things which was good as my daughter is staying there to go to school for 6 months. I would say ditto on the other 5 star reviews, this was absolutely the best way to learn the history, some of the culture, see the area, and just have a really great day. The class is 4 hours, no pressure, you don't have to know how to cook or you can be an amazing chef yourself, good class for all, and ended with sitting down and sharing the meal together. Chef Rais has also made herself available afterwards to continue to answer questions and give recommendations of places to eat, or where to purchase certain items, don't miss this class while in Barcelona!

1  Thank yjones6621

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Had a blast with Chef Rais while cooking some typical spanish food. The day started with a visit to the local market to buy the ingredients. Rais told some interesting tips about where to buy for example bread, eggs and fish. During the walk she also shared some historical stories about the neighborhood. When we got back to the school we started preparing the food. We all got a chance to do a little with every dish and Rais made sure everyone knew what was going on and why. Needless to say, the food was delicious! I definitely recommend bcnKITCHEN if you want to taste some real spanish food. Thank you Rais for the unforgettable experience!

2  Thank Anna K
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Had a fantastic time with Chef Rais, started with a walk to the local market to purchase what was need for the cooing class. During this walk Rais pointed out Historical and interesting artefacts and shared stories.
The cooking class was very personal and everyone had an opportunity to participate and to learn.
Food we cooked was amazing!!! Thanks for a fantastic class Rais!!

2  Thank winesunset
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We went to BCN Kitchen with a business team from around the globe, and had a great night. The chef made the whole experience fun, educational and so tasty! We were able to accomodate some pretty strict dietary restrictions too since we knew exactly what was going in the dishes. Would highly recommend if you want a way to learn more about spanish cooking, or just want a fun event for a group of 10 people.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Rais was an amazing host/teacher for this class. I went on my own since I was travelling solo, but I was welcomed and had a great time. Rais is a very good host/teacher and did everything to include every person and make sure that each person knew heard what she was talking about and was aware of what was going on.

Starting out with the market tour was perfect. I learned about what to look for and where to go for bread, fish, meat, and olive oil. I'll be headed back to the market tomorrow on my own to stock up and take home. Rais walked us all around and answered any questions that folks had about anything in the market or food related. She was very knowledgeable.

Back at bcnKitchen the cooking was great. Not every person was involved in every step of each dish, but this was good as it was not too much work to get a great meal from the group. We learned about how to do each step of each dish and Rais made sure we cooked a great meal. And, good wine was provided the whole time.

I can highly recommend this class and I will sign up for another one next time I am back in Barcelona.

1  Thank j274