Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour
Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews anne marie runner beans gothic quarter candy store story telling whole family children interested kids and adults attention span catalan history great stories perfect guide highlight of our trip super fun points of interest roman ruins barcelona trip
Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

We had a fantastic tour lead by the lovely, well-informed, bilingual, child-friendly Ann-Marie!
Of all the great things we enjoyed on our family trip to Barcelona, this was our favourite. And that's praise indeed when it comes from a Messi-mad, 8 year old boy who has just visited Camp Nou!
Definitely do this tour of you are "doing" Barcelona with kids. Mine are 8, 5 (and 40..ha ha ) and they all loved it.
Thanks again Ann-Marie.
Gillian (The Scottish one!)

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Gillian S
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Hi Gillian,

I remember the tour very well. It was great fun! I remember both husbands getting very involved shouting all the answers out before the kids on tour got a chance. Ha, ha, ha :-). Thanks so much for sharing and tell your son that I am certainly privileged he preferred my tour to Camp Nou.

All of you take care,

Reviewed September 19, 2016

We did this walking tour on our first full day in town, and I'm happy we scheduled it that way. We got a feel for the neighborhood, learned a lot, and got to see some cool stuff. There was only one other family on the tour so it was just five so us on it, and our guide Tati was great, chatting up the kids and answering the adults' questions. Totally had a great time and would recommend this tour in a heartbeat to others. I would say that the tour generally seems more geared towards those with younger kids; I think teens might find it a bit beneath their maturity, but that said, our guide was more than willing to adjust things and answer queries about more adult topics (downsides to massive tourism, nationalism, etc) which I appreciated.

Date of experience: September 2016

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your tour with Tati. She is a great guide and, being from Barcelona, can offer great insight to the city. We do advertise the family tour as geared towards 4 to 12 years old but if teens come along, we certainly do our best to include them :-).

Thanks a million for sharing,

Reviewed September 7, 2016

We did this tour as a private tour, and it was one of the most fun and engaging tour for our kids during our trip to Europe. Ruth was very engaging, and we all learned quite a bit about the history and culture of the area.

Date of experience: August 2016

Thank you so much for writing this. Ruth was delighted that the whole family found this tour one of the most enjoyable of their trip.

Hoping you had a great holiday,

Reviewed August 31, 2016

I was with my 6 and 10 year old in Barcelona and this was a great tour for them and myself. Also it gave me my bearings for the downtown core.

Date of experience: August 2016
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Thanks a milion. I am glad you enjoyed the family tour and I hope you had a fantastic time in our city.

All the best,

Reviewed July 23, 2016

This was the only thing I booked before leaving the UK and I'm so glad I did, my five year old son and I went on the tour with the lovely Tati on our first morning after arriving and it really helped us get to know our area (we were staying in El Borne nearby). The tour included a good mix of walking and rest time in the shade of beautiful streets or buildings and fun stuff (such as the Giant museum and the very creative candy store!) as well as interesting historical information (Romans, princes and princesses, the dragon, beautiful old stores ... !). The tour is not only informative and fun but also interactive for the children, which helps keep them engaged with the tour and with one another. Highly recommend the tour and Tati our tour leader was brilliant!

Date of experience: July 2016
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

What a lovely review. I am so pleased Tati managed to peak both you and you child's interest on tour. I will pass on your high praise to her.

Hoping you had a great holiday,