“Thoroughly engaging for the kids, and adults”

Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour
Ranked #73 of 710 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A fun morning stroll for all the family around the medieval city filled with activities for the children. Stories, games and songs that will keep your kids begging you to bring them back to Barcelona. We visit very special places like the Giants Museum, workshops and beautiful candy shop. Come learn and play with us!
Reviewed March 26, 2016

We did this kid friendly tour with our 5 and 7 year old girls. I have never done a walking tour with our kids before and I wasn't sure how much they would enjoy it but I need not have worried. Ann-Marie was our guide and she was really great interacting with the children. Three hours flew by with stories, the activity book, stops in shops and the giant puppet museum. My five year old said she wanted to do it again - high praise. We also followed up on Ann-Marie's recommendations for a sandwich shop and ice-cream and they were great, especially the ice-cream.

Date of experience: March 2016
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2016

Thank you so much for the kind words. I remember all the kids had so much energy that day that they could have continued (leaving all us adults behind ;-) for a lot longer. I am so pleased your first walking tour was a positive experience.

All the best,

"great walk"
"barcelona trip"
"great introduction"

Reviewed January 9, 2016 via mobile

We did the Gaudi tour a couple of days ago while in Barcelona. Would recommend this tour as we learnt a lot about Gaudi and his works. Marc our tour guide was informative, fun and very helpful. Lovely person too, nothing was too much trouble. Would recommend this company. Very organized and booking was easy.

Date of experience: January 2016
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2016

Hi Rosie,

I am glad you had such a great time with Marc on our Gaudí Free Walking Tour. This listing, however, is for our specialised Kids & Family Walking Tour. If you could move the review to the right listing (Runner Bean Tours), so people don't get confused, it would be helpful.

Thanks again in advance and I hope we will see you again soon :-)

Reviewed December 3, 2015

I was having my doubts about my 7 year old son1 staying focused for the 3 hour tour but he did it! And my 10 year daughter loved it! They both really enjoyed trying on the giant masks in the mask workshop and were enthralled watching the sweets being made in the sweet shop. My son really enjoyed the beginning of the tour when our guide, Ann Marie, got the kids to put pen to paper for various activities involving the history of the city. There's plenty in this tour to interest all age groups, including adults, with a very good grounding in the history of Barcelona. Ann Marie was terrific with all the kids, friendly, really interactive, and kept their attention throughout. She had evidently put the work in and researched her topics well. I would definitely recommend this tour for families. It was a bit tiring physically towards the end, but I was glad of the exercise really!

Date of experience: October 2015
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2015

Hi Hazel,

Thanks a million for taking your time to write this beautiful review. It is very much appreciated. Your son and daughter are great fun :-).

Hope you had a fantastic time here,

Reviewed November 15, 2015 via mobile

The guide Tati was excellent with the Gaudi tour. We really felt how passionate she was about the architect. She seemed to know everything and was soo helpful. Would definitely recommend this tour to our friends back home!

Date of experience: November 2015
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2015

Thanks a million for your review. I am glad you had such a good time with Tati on the Gaudí Tour.

This is the listing for the specialised Runner Bean Kids & Family Tour. To avoid confusion, it would be better if you could move the review to the correct listing for our general tours ("Runner Bean Walking Tours Barcelona").

I hope we will see you again in Barcelona soon,