“Engaging Kids in City Breaks”

Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour
Ranked #76 of 699 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A fun morning stroll for all the family around the medieval city filled with activities for the children. Stories, games and songs that will keep your kids begging you to bring them back to Barcelona. We visit very special places like the Giants Museum, workshops and beautiful candy shop. Come learn and play with us!
Reviewed October 31, 2014

I have always avoided taking children on city breaks until now! While my son loves art and museums the standard tours are very tricky for kids. In the past we had a private kid's tour in Florence and it worked so well I searched for one in Barcelona. I knew this would be the right way to go. We would get history and art at our pace and because it is private you can speed up, slow down, sit and even take a break. I found Ann-Marie and Runner Bean through Google. You could tell from the website that they had got it right for kids. In addition, the email and booking was easy, efficient and friendly. On the tour, we learned so much about the history and festivals and our favourite is definitely Tio. We are still talking about Tio and I will even get one for the house at Christmas. The most important part was it was aimed at children. Ann-Marie was able to keep Zak engaged for the whole time. We went away having learned about the history and stories of Barcelona and Catalonia with crowns and jewels, festivals with Giants and fire and current events. Zak loved the games and the drawings that helped him learn and because it was a private tour we were able to ask extra questions like, when can you go here for free and where are the good places to eat. We started the day with an old fashion sweet and ended the day seeing how sweets are made. I was fascinated. I highly recommend Runner Bean Tours and in particular the private tour to ensure you get something tailored to you!! The most relaxing, fun and educational tour for families. We are looking forward to our next trip to Barcelona.

Date of experience: October 2014
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

Hi you two,

We had fun and I learned quite a lot about the latest hi-tech computer games (I think!). Your son was wonderful and very clever. I am so glad El Tió is coming to your house this Christmas ;-). I am sure Zac will inform every one about the tradition.

Until next time

"points of interest"
"roman ruins"
"barcelona trip"

Reviewed October 18, 2014

We recently took this tour with our three Granddaughters aged 8, 10 and 11 and can highly recommend it. Ann-Marie showed us sites, gave us history of Barcelona in a fun and interesting way. We all enjoyed it. The kids are still talking about it. We would have missed so many interesting sites if we had not taken this tour. I enjoyed seeing the giants and learning of the different celebrations that they have in Barcelona.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank louashtoowoomba
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2014

Thank you so much! I enjoyed the girls and the grandparents. You were all fabulous.

Say hi to the girls from me :-)

Ann-Marie

PS: I hope the trip will give memories to last for a lifetime ;-)

Reviewed September 13, 2014

We recently travelled to Barcelona with our 3 children, ages 8, 6 and almost 4. Ann-Marie from Runner Bean Tours in Barcelona made our first day in the city PERFECT. We wanted a private tour that would be interesting for the kids, adults and grandparents. The Gothic Family Walking Tour by RunnerBean was the perfect solution.

We visited areas of the Gothic Area in the eyes of the children. Learning about the Kings and Queens via role playing with crowns (which my Daighter adored), Saint George and his slaying the Dragon (which my two boys loved) to visiting the Giants Museum, Candy making and much much more. All with breaks and activities for the children to participate and learn.

Very educational and Fun. Ann-Marie had it all covered.

I highly recommend this. It is actually a perfect way to start your tour as Day 1 in Barcelona especially if you are travelling with Children.

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank Peta A
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2014

Hi Peta,

Thank you so much. It was a fun day and nice that the grandparents got involved with the acting and games as well as the children.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay :-)

Reviewed August 31, 2014

RunnerBean Tours and specially Ann-Marie did a terrific job showing our group Barcelona's old town (Barri Gòtic). Her tour perfectly matches kids and adults interest merging visits to the main architectural spots and funny events for the kids. Everything within the context of the local historical review. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: August 2014
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Hi Fredi,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write this review. It was a pleasure to take your group on a private tour throughout the Gothic Quarter. All the families were lovely.

Hope to see you around Poble Nou sometime :-)

See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Ann-Marie was so knowledgable and fantastic with kids! I highly recommend this tour for families. We had teenagers in our group as well, and she was able to keep all of us (including the adults!) interested and engaged throughout the tour. We visited wonderful shops that we wouldn't have discovered otherwise, and learned quite a bit about this beautiful city. My nine year old son turned to me in the middle of the tour and whispered, "This is so much fun!!". It's a must-do if you are visiting Barcelona with children!!

Date of experience: August 2014
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours: Kids & Family Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you so much. I really enjoyed the private tour with both families. The teenage girls were up for he laugh as well. Don't forget to say hi to your son from me and the great complement he gave me :-)

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holidays,