“Excellent”
Review of Aparthotel Silver

Aparthotel Silver
Ranked #63 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 5 days on September and theone word that could describe the stay was "excellent".
The hotel is situated a little bit away from the city center, but it is 2-3' away from a metro station, which gets you to the center in 10-15', so its location is quite good. Unfortunately there are not many places to visit for eating/drinking but it didn't bother me.
The hotel itself was great. Although when you first reach it, it seems like a very old building, the rooms are a great surprise, since they have been renovated and they are very new and very very clean. The rooms are equipped with large LCD TVs, CD players, microwave/stove and a fridge. The beds were also very comfortable and there was no noise from the street. The sound isolation between the rooms is something that needs improvement, because we could hear the TV from the next room, but it didn't bother us. The room price for that period was very decent and for me it seems like it is an excellent value for money hotel.
The staff was very helpful everytime we needed something and especially the last day, when i needed some help with the special receipt i needed for my company. Furthermore, one day that was raining outside, they supplied us with some nice umbrellas (no charge of course).
The breakfast was one of the cheapest in Barcelona (8 euros) and its variety was decent.

Overall experience was great, and whenever i go back to Barcelona, i'll definitely stay at the hotel!
Thanks for a nice stay

1  Thank Elias M
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very nice feedback on your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your personal recommendation and I hope that we can welcome you back to Aparthotel Silver very soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Aparthotel Silver is one of the best hotels in Barceona.Personally,as for me it was the best one in comparison with others.It is very clean and comfortable.You can easily get there by metro (Fontana station is not far from the hotel) and it is situated in a safe area.You cant hear noise at night and sleep well.
My room was N208 and it has a problem in the bathroom.When you are having shower,the door doesnt close poperly and there is much water on the floor.It is left until next morning.It is a liitle uncomfortable,but it didnt bother me.

The room is very nice with a small kitchen.I didnt cook,but used it only for breakfast.
My room had streetside windows,but it didnt bother me.I would recommend to book a room with a garden view.That area is really nice and romantic.

The hotel offers breakfast for only 8 Euro.I didnt use that service,but my mother did.It is necessary to point out that there is a pleanty variety of food (pastry,ham,cheese,sausages,some fruit,coffee/tea etc.)One can say it is a little expensive,but i dont think so.You can compare breakfast prices in another hotels (they can cost from 10 till 15Euro or more).
If you dont want to have breakfast in the hotel,there is a supermercat in the corner.

As for the Internet,there is wifi in the hotel.
WiFi works good;u can use a computer downstairs and even print some papers.
As for the room,it is very clean and comfortable,there is a big flat screen on the wall it has many channels.
Receptionists work very good and help people to get around.They answer all your questions and make you stay like at home.Moreover,they provide with efficient information and warn about thefts in metro.

There is a safe deposit in the wardrobe,u can use it for free.It was a pleasent surprise as u have to pay for such service in almost all hotels.

I would love to come back to Aparthotel Silver as it is my home in Barcelona.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are better as they dont face building close to each other Higher floors have less...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and that you found the staff to be great.Comments like yours encourage us to continue working for the happiness of our customers

We'll check today the 208 shower's doors and fix it,thanks for telling.

Thank you for your personal recommendation and I hope that we can welcome you back to Aparthotel Silver, your home in Barcelona , very soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was a nice place to stay in Barcelona. The rate is reasonable. The hotel was clean and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to the Fontana Metro which makes it very accessible to the whole city. Wifi is throughout the hotel. There is a breakfast room in the hotel but I did not use it so I cannot comment on it. My only complaint would be that I thought parking was included based on their webpage. Unfortunately they've updated their webpage and I can't tell if I made a poor assumption or not. I love this part of Barcelona and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Was there end of september staying in for 3 nights.Had the car rented so happy enough with 16euro a night hotel private parking.Quiet and clean hotel with well equipped kitchenette ,would recommend.Metro station just a 100 meters away.Staff very polite english speaking and helpful apart from one woman. She was very concentrated on her work. If she was doing something you could not even leave a room key with her coz she would tell you 'one moment'.One nite came back late nite and wanted to ask her just to press the button to opoen the garage door and give me the room key and she replied 'one moment'.It took 15 minutes !!??Wanted 2 ask about direction one day- have been told 'one moment'-it took 10 minutes.Overall the hotel is nice and pleasnt and in a good location and a good value for money.
PS Dont let them give you a room on the first floor,especially no.105,unless you like to have people just rite behind your window having a breakfast(8euro)

Room Tip: Dont let them give you a room on the first floor,especially no.105,unless you like to have people j...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay with us.

I was sorry to hear about your experience with the lady of the reception, I'll try to find out why she could not help you immediately ,usually our receptionists are very helpful and quick with customers .

I hope that you will return back to Aparthotel Silver in the future .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 4 night from September 24th.
Room was well equipped, very clean.
Staff was kind
Location is very good - Garcia street, just about 15-20 minutes of walking from the Rambla
There's a metro station (Fontana) located just about 100 meters from the hotel.
Breakfast was ok.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was the best hotel we stayed in our whole Europe trip. The room was just perfect: great internet wifi connection, great kitchen (with microwave, refrigerator, etc) excellent bed and bathroom. Unlike other aparthotels, the bedroom was separated from the kitchen!!

The staff were very polite and helpful, the location is excellent, only 100m away from a metro station and 3 stops away from Plaza Catalunya which is very centric. Also the neighborhood is good, you have several restaurants, grocery stores, shops, bakerys close by.

I would certainly and definitely recommend this hotel!!

3  Thank Pablo946
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed with 3 friends for 3 nights. We had problems with flight cancelations and arrived 24h later. I sent an e-mail asking not to cancel our reservation, which was promptly answered. Stayed in a connected comfort room, which was pretty good. Rooms are quite nice, only minor problems is that shower is a little small and A/C was not very powerful. Anyway, easily managed. Had breakfast only one morning, it was OK. We prefered to have breakfast in cafés at Carrer Gran de Gracia. Location is excellent! Next to the useful Fontana subway station, safe area, lot of stores, supermarkets, restaurants and very pleasant walk to Plaza Catalunya. All requests to the staff were provided. Tips: to go to Parc Guell, take Bus 24 on Carrer Gran de Gracia; bring your own soap bar, since the ones provided by the hotel are not good (they do not last even for one shower); nightlife: go to Port Olimpic (inexpensive 10 Euros from hotel).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SidneiB
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted that we met your expecations and that you liked all the little touches we did to enhance your stay with us.We'll study to change the soap, as you are the 2nd gust who didn't like it.
As always I have passed on your kind words to The Aparthotel Silver team and I hope that you will get the chance to come back to visit us again in the near future.

Kind regards,