“Nice and friendly staffs, nice food, affordable price”
Review of Rajah

Rajah
Ranked #6,693 of 10,179 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: El Raval
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I'm glad I came. Reasonable n affordable price. They gave me free Paratha and free pakistani dessert. :))) My Indian friend said the 'free pakistani dessert' (i dun remember what it is called) was the best she ever tried. I am a fan of briyani. No matter where I travel I eat briyani. The briyani was good, but not the best. So far the best briyani I ever try was in Hong Kong and Paris

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Make sure you get the Lamb Biryani and ask them to make it Pakistani spicy.

Make sure to get the Raita (yogurt) as well, you will need it with the insane spice in the biryani

Everything else we tried such as tandoori chicken, Karhai ghost, Chicken Karhai were all very good.

Some waiter were some were nice, with any restaurant.

I felt it was a little pricy, but not too much considering I went back 5 times.

Get the Lamb Biryani !!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were looking forward to a curry whilst we were in Barcelona and did not want to be too far away from our hotel in Las Ramblas. We found the Rajah on Trip Advisor and thought the reports sounded ok. How wrong they were. We cannot find anything good about this restaurant. The waiter was very surly and seemed set to get us out of the restaurant as quickly as he could.The restaurant does not serve any wines spirits or beer. They do not have mango chutney or other sauces. The popodoms were burnt and our main courses were very poor. we were out of the restaurant after 35 mins
Despite trying I cannot find anything good to say about the place

1  Thank andrewcameron47
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was craving for some good Indian food and this place was recommended to me by a friend in la Ramblas. The place is well placed and definitely gets a lot of footfall. The entry to the place however looks quite shabby with the tandoor and the rag clothes hanging across! Inside, the place is done up well and has quite a few tables. The Menu is quite exhaustive! I spent almost 15 minutes going through it. Then decided to order Tandoori naans, parathas, grilled tandoori meats and prawns platter, chicken curry, gosht madras style and lamb biryani along with lassis. I had some firneds with me who wanted to try Indian and Pakistani cuisine.

The food took a really long time to come. I had to ask the waiter twice about the food and the response was always, its on its way with a very matter of fact non smiling face. It was like he was doing us a favor and we needed to learn to wait!!
When the food came, it was gorgeous, except for the Biryani...which I felt they had done a pretty poor job! Come on guys, just because its in Europe and the people don't know how to cook it, doesn't mean that Biryani is what you serve!

The rest of the food was quite delicious actually but another disappointment was the long wait for the lassi again!!
The waiters tend to diasppear into the kitchen and talk among themselves outside quite loudly. The place is more like someone's house! They need to get professional if they are interested in remaining in business for long!

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I have had a lot of Falafel in my life, this was by far the worst. It was tasteless, barely fried, and room temperature not just the outside but the inside too. There was no tahini sauce or yogurt sauce, but a mayo sauce! The sauce bottle was sticky, as in dirty and hasn't been wiped down. The chicken gyro that my wife had tasted like chicken skin ONLY. Don't waste your taste buds at this place. If I knew how bad it was I would have upgraded to McDonald's across the street.

3  Thank Eddocphx1