We arrived on the 18th November 2013. No warm welcome took the man behind the desk ages to check us in. There's no bar, restaurant for evening relaxing, we were horrified. Could wait to see our room as the hotel is situated beside the gothic walls. We ended up on the 6th floor and was extremely disappointed we were basically in the attic we couldn't see out the windows it was awful. When we sat on the bed it went flying across the room no brakes nothing to stop it from moving, there's no tea/coffee facilities which is needed seeing as there's no bar opened unless you ask the reception to get you a drink and they spend more time around the computer than doing any work. When you went into the bathroom there is a pillar right beside the toilet if your larger than size 12 your going to get stuck it's ridiculous. Our sheets weren't changed on the bed after 2days even though we requested it due to a stain that was imprinted on the sheets. Breakfast was non existence, the man barely acknowledge our presence, tea and coffee is from a machine you get in a filling station, not much to offer, only things edible was brought into the hotel like hams, cheeses, breads. On check out you find out you have to pay a city tax that we were unaware of when we checked in. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone who has to spend time in it, only good point is the location but even that there's better hotels minutes away on either side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A completely renovated, neo-classical building in the centre of Barcelona, flanked by three inspiring elements: the Roman Barcino wall, the Gothic quarter and the Born district with all its design An elegant hotel in Barcelona Centre, palatial and distinguished, set in the cultural, tourist hub of Barcelona, in the urban melting pot where the Roman, Mediaeval, Modernist and Contemporary heritages merge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Exe Laietana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Laietana Palace Hotel Barcelona
- Laietana Palace Barcelona
- Laietana Palace Hotel
- Hotel Exe Laietana Palace Barcelona, Catalonia