“Great location & value!”

Exe Laietana Palace
Ranked #370 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 6 nights in September 2013, including breakfast. We had a great stay, and would recommend it as a hotel in Barcelona.

Pros:
* Great location right on Jaume I metro station between Barrio Gotico and El-Born which have a lot of great restaurants bars and shops, 7 mins walk from Rambla.
* very good breakfast: egg, cheeses, sausages, great fruits, cereals, juices and pastries
* Room was very spacious and clean, free fast wi-fi in the room, flat screen, mini-bar
* Service was very kind and helpful, daily cleaning service

Cons
* we had 2 connected matresses but I think it could have been solved if we complained
* breakfast was about 100$ extra per person for 6 nights, I'm not sure I would pay that again... eventhough the breakfast is really good, since there are many coffee-shops and bakeries around.

At the bottom line - I think this place has has a great value, and for sure the best value-for-money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yoav G

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hotel staff was extremely friendly. Got the place at 90 EUR per night during peak season. Even if you have to pay a bit higher definitely a good hotel as it was save on travelling and moving around becomes extremely convenient. I would recommend this hotel. I stayed there for 3 days.

Though it was a little noisy as close to the via laientana road but can't ask for everything!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rons4174
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My mom and I arrived at Laietana Palace Hotel tired and hungry. Anna, working at the front desk, suggested a nearby restaurant for tapas. She later explained various tour options (we did a tour bus that was great!).
A slight mix-up with the online booking service we used (similar to Expedia) meant we were given a room with a double bed the first night. Although we couldn't be moved our first night, the hotel moved us the next morning and was extremely attentive.
Overall, Anna was really the standout feature of our stay. She was gracious, welcoming, happy to have a good conversation, yet also professional. When my mom and I moved to the room with two beds (as we'd originally requested), she called up to our room to make sure all was well. She continued to greet us with friendly chatter for the rest of our stay.
My mom and I agree that a return trip to Barcelona will definitely include the Laietana Palace Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is it's location which is very close to everything in the city centre, the old city and the beach (as well as the world's 2nd best aquarium which I HIGHLY recommend). We got a great deal with this hotel on a last minute holidays website and I was very impressed with many aspects of it including the location, how pleasant the staff were, the lovely view from our window into a little square below and how incredibly clean it was. Unfortunately I feel that it did not quite live up it's high rating; I think it could have done with a bit of a face lift to make it feel a bit more stylish as it look a bit bland and dated. Also there was a dreadful smell in the lift which lingered for the entirety of our weekend.

Thankfully this was a very quiet hotel and our sleep was not disturbed by noisy neighbors or people in the street, the mattress was a bit on the hard side but it did not affect my comfort too much. We did not get to sample the breakfast so I cannot comment on that aspect, we chose to eat at a cafe near by which provided lovely croissants and coffee. Despite my complaints this was a nice place to stay and I would recommend it

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsty-Louise_10
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had a chance to stay in this hotel twice last year and both times my experience was very good. The location of the hotel is very close to practically everything in the city center since it is located in the Laietana Street. You can reach Plaza Real, Paseo Maritimo, La Rambla, El Barrio Gotico within 10-15 min walk. If you need to take a metro or a bus - they're very close to the hotel, too. Even though the hotel is located right on the busy street of Barcelona, the noise wasn't a problem at all. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Barcelona.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Elena M
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Found a great rate on this hotel which is in a fantastic location for walking Barcelona. Staff friendly and helpful, rooms functional and clean, seems to have had a recent facelift and been modernised. Lobby nit up to much but no matter as Barcelona is on your doorstep! Great coffee shop right next door open almost all hours. Parking opposite and easy at 32€ per day. Would use again...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Laietana Palace. We were lucky enough to get the junior suite that had a big sunny terrace. The rooms are a little bit old-fashioned furnished but the quality was great. Housecleaning everyday, excellent location and the staff was very helpful if we needed something. The mattress was a bit uncomfortable and the price was quite high when we stayed here. Probably cheaper outside season. But compared to the quality we gladly paid those extra few euros.
To be located in one of Barcelonas busiest traffic streets the room was surprisingly quiet. Would we choose to stay here again? Definitely!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple