Having just returned from a weekend at this hotel ( 25-28th Jan 2013 ) I have to strongly disagree with some of the reviews here. ( and i'm not the easiest to please where service is concerned - just ask the hubbie!! ) I have stayed in some very expensive hotels and not been as pleased with them as I have with this one.
We were on the 4th floor facing the front of the hotel. Room was spotless, bathroom also spotless, with the best power shower ever which had the massaging jets on it . Room cleaned and bed made everyday. Location is perfect, 5 mins very pleasant walk down a side street to las ramblas. The tour bus can be caught at the bottom of the road and reception sell tickets that give you a discount on your bus ticket and a discount booklet ( which is handy also for food and entrance fees to most tourist sites. The reception staff were very polite, welcoming and extremely helpful, particulary for directions to the football stadium, las ramblas and information on where to eat ( and where not too!)
We didnt eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food or the facilities - but after a long day sightseeing, the receptionist was only too happy to serve us a very welcomed and appreciated pot of tea !) He also apologised for charging us - as previously they gave it free, but as we had paid nearly 6 euros the day before at Starbucks, it was a bargain!
The only thing I didnt like, were the noisey cleaners who tend to forget people are asleep banging doors etc, - but you get these in all hotels, and they do have a job to get on with, which they did do very well. Apart from that I really cannot fault this hotel in any way at all, and I would recommend this to friends and family, and will definately book here again for my next trip to this lovely and interesting city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A completely renovated, neo-classical building in the centre of Barcelona, flanked by three inspiring elements: the Roman Barcino wall, the Gothic quarter and the Born district with all its design An elegant hotel in Barcelona Centre, palatial and distinguished, set in the cultural, tourist hub of Barcelona, in the urban melting pot where the Roman, Mediaeval, Modernist and Contemporary heritages merge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Exe Laietana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Laietana Palace Hotel Barcelona
- Laietana Palace Barcelona
- Laietana Palace Hotel
- Exe Laietana Palace Barcelona, Catalonia