“Nice hotel in quite location”
Review of U232 Hotel

U232 Hotel
Ranked #68 of 520 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at u232 for 4 night fro the Spanish GP, the hotel was very nice and clean. We booked into the u232 plus room and was on the 9th floor at the back of the hotel overlooking flats. The hotel is in a quite suburb of Barcelona and for me is a little too far out, t took us about 20mins to walk to passaig de gracia, although very Convienat for the metro withe the stop only a block away the tube line it's on isn't great and you have to change lines to get anywhere. Obviously I should have researched this more before I booked and if you like to stay a little bit out of the hustle and bustle then U232 is perfect.

We had breakfast one morning which was nice bar the instant coffee which was awful ( but I am a coffee snob - more in this later) the breakfast covered all bases but I think for 10euros a head some filter coffee is expected.

We used the bar at the hotel a few times mostly the room service and everything was lovely a bottle of cava for 12 euro and cocktail of the day! We had cocktails on the hotels roof terrace one evening which was delightful! Although obviously lacking a pool!

The service at the hotel was wonderful, we paid a lot more than we would usual for a hotel as the trip was a special occasion and the service made the price a lot more bearable although I still think the price was a little too high but I'm sure I paid a levy for Grand Prix weekend!
The hotel manger has even helped me out after the stay in trying a suspicious card transaction, although I emailed him before we travelled and never got a response!

I booked direct with the hotel online to get the 'best price guaranteed ' but after I booked I saw the hotel on voyage price with free upgrade and breakfast so would advice you check that website before booking as the hotel website doesn't always have the right price.

The room was nice and clean with 2 flat screen tv's and a huge balcony, the bathroom was very nice the on,y let down as far as the room was concerned for me was the lack of tea and coffee making facilities which I think should be standard in a 4 star hotel at over £150 a night! I also certainly would expect to be able to order a coffee if not but a room service start time of 11am is a bit late for a moring coffee in my option. I think each room need coffee making facilities I know other hotels in the area have nespresso machines in the rooms! The desk staff directed my partner to a coffee shop down the street when he asked about coffee which was very nice but I don't expect to have to leave the hotel to get a coffee! (Cafe - bracafe near the metro)

The mini bar in our room also didn't work, which we reported but noting was done so not cold water or drinks, we did discover the gym has a cold water machine so we could go up there and get a cold glass of water if needed!

Overall I wasn't too impressed with the hotel based on the price I paid, the level of service from the staff maxed our stay and think with a small investment the hotel could be a real gem!

Room Tip: If you can afford the top rooms I would!
2  Thank abbymorgan
Write a ReviewReviews (3,279)

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The staff were efficient, helpful and friendly. Room was large, clean and very well appointed. Hotel 2 Metro stops from Barcelona Sant train station;also close to La Rumbla and Several of Gaudi's buildings.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Shane R
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hotel rooms were very comfortable. Reception staff was delightful, especially Carlos who gave us great advice on where to go and how to get there. We really love the location though its a 20-30 walk to Las Ramblas, the walk is pleasant and it a nice area.

Room Tip: If you require silence when resting in your room, ask for street-side. There is a courtyard on the i...
1  Thank MicheleL972
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed in U232 for 5 nights in early May. As I read the comments that some rooms may have no window or face to the wall, so I'd pay a bit more for a U232 room (#402) with average EUR 128 pre night, I got a room face to the main street as I requested, however the room space is not as described at the web site "spacious", two single beds put together occupied 80% of the room space, armchair, chair and desk are there but the room only fit to place the furniture and seems not prepare for people to move around. Mattress was not flat, should be replaced.
Lucky there is a big wardrobe and enough storage for my stuff. Big bath room is not proportioned to the sleeping area, but pleasure for me. Little balcony let me step out and look out the street view, but I shut the glass door most of the time because it was quite noisy.
Metro and bus access to the main attractions, but not direct to airport T1, (30mins walk to airport bus stop; by metro need few changes and need to walk up and down stairs) better pay around EUR 26 to 30 by taxi.
Besides, in room wifi was the wrost among 4 hotels those I stayed in this trip.
Overall, hotel and staff standard is average, with this price, I think you can find a bigger room and better traffic between airport. I would not recommend to my friends.

3  Thank candytlh
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Made an online reservation five weeks prior to 16 May 2013 arrival for a pre-cruise stay. Received reminder email from them three days prior to arrival. Upon arrival, was advised they had "computer problems" and they had no room at U232 but that we could stay at one of their other Barcelona hotels in ther chain, the (lower rated) "Europark!" We courteously asked for an alternative room, even a lower-priced room at the U232 where we had our confirmed reservation but we were declined. They said they would pay our taxi fare to the "Europark." Incredibly, while we waited for the taxi, we watched them check in two guests. When we asked about that, they again proclamed "computer problems." We are frequent, experienced travelers, both for pleasure and business, and have never had a confirmed reservation flatly denied. Watch out! My view? They gave our room to a higher-paying or a longer staying guest. Truly a memorably outrageous hotel experience with the U232 Hotel in Barcelona, one of hotels in the NN (Nunez/Navarro) Hotels chain. My advise would be to steer clear. I know we will.

Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank scorahic
Asun P, General Manager at U232 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear U232 guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at U232 Hotel. I apologize for the unfortunate and isolated incident that took place with your reservation. As you were correctly informed, due to a computer error we had an overbooking problem on May 16 that forced us to move a couple of reservations to one of our sister properties. I want to clarify that Europark Hotel is not, as you indicate, a lower rated hotel. On the contrary, it is ranked No. 14 on TripAdvisor, has been recently remodeled, and it is located very close to Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona's most beautiful avenue. I understand your disappointment, but considering the circumstances, please rest assured we did everything possible to reduce your inconvenience to a minimum.

If your future travel plans bring you back to Barcelona, we would really appreciate another opportunity to restore your faith in Hotel U232 and NiN Hotels. You can contact me at apareja@nnhotels.com, so I can personally handle your reservation.

Best regards,

Asun Pareja
Hotel Manager
apareja@nnhotels.com

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel and room interior modern and warm at the same time. Recommend the room with balcony in sunny Barcelona. Good service and nice location in relatively quiet area with metro nearby. Few minutes walk to good restaurants on Corsega and Provenza.

1  Thank A_Saevarsson
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed in U232 for four nights and we enjoyed our time there. The breakfast buffet is very good and I have to mention that you can have fresh squeezed orange juice (not pouring out from a big can). The location is very good. really close to the Hospital Clinic station and there are small supermarket, tabacco store or grocery store that you can drop by and grab some drink. The neighborhood is safe and many locals live in that area. There are many good restaurants around, for example, Maitea Taberna, the top 10 best tapas in Barcelona. The decoration of room is modern and new, and their shower is very strong. Wifi speed is fast. Staff is friendly too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple