“Great Hotel !!”
Review of U232 Hotel

U232 Hotel
Ranked #58 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days and found it fantastic. The service was superb. The hotel was spotless. A little out of the way but this was no problem !! Would recommend it !! The tour buses are only a two minute walk away. The local restaurants are really good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for U232 Hotel

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I would like to thank the hotel for a most enjoyable stay!

Impressed by the hotel on the British Airways booking site, even more impressed when I visited the hotel website and then in absolute astonishment when I first walked through the doors of the hotel.

The decor is beautiful! It really contrasts against the bright sun outside but it works so well! It feels so warm and inviting (without being to warm at all).

Every staff member from check in until check out was helpful and I never felt like I was neglected.

When I walked to the room with my partner I was shocked and in awe of the room! The size of the television, the beautiful room, the excellent shower and ESPECIALLY the balcony. An unexpected bonus, a perfect surprise!

So I must say that the overall experience was amazing! And the hotel was the perfect place for our holiday. We will be visiting again very very soon! The breakfast was great and the bar service was befitting a tapas bar!

The hotel is situated near a Metro that can take you anywhere but if you don't mind a walk you can enjoy finding random cafes, bars and restaurants! I would recommend checking out a place called Balthazar! (the burger and tuna loin were amazing, just a tip, these come as rare as you can get without being carpaccio or sushi lol)

We stayed in i think room 301 (front of the building with balcony) looking out to the buildings across the road. Even though it was a busy road, sleeping was never an issue!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phillip H
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Booked as a package holiday and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel for the low price we paid. Location was perfect for us as it was just outside the main City Centre with just a short Metro ride to all the sights we wanted to see.
Staff were very accomodating and helpful with queries we had. It looked as though they had done a good job of maintaining recently as it felt recently upgraded. Rooms were very comfortable and cleaned to a very good standard. Would quite happily stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lee16743
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel is located close to the city centre, but away from the fuss of the tourist areas. In other words, calm at all times. A few metro stops away from the Gotic. The room was spacious with a large balcony and a clean bathroom. Some mold in the bath.
Good service, all staff were friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was a tragedy, everything on the buffet came from a can or a plastic bag. If you like a fresh breakfast, avoid this one.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank asianride
Reviewed April 3, 2013

First off I am overall quite happy with my experience and would recommend this hotel for people of all ages. The hotel staff is very nice and were extremely helpful in giving tips that helped us experience Barcelona tourist attractions more effectively. I am an experienced traveller, but they were able to provide little suggestions that made each experience easier to access. For example, when they found out our plans to go to La Sagrada Familia the moring we arrived they suggested getting the tickets online (using the hotel´s business conference room) to avoid waiting in line at the sight. Those little suggestions for many of our day excursion helped us access each site efficiently (who doesn´t hate waiting in line when they don´t have to?).
On to the rooms. Overall the rooms were clean. I would suggest bring your own shampoo and conditioner as the shampoo provided was horrible. We had two bathrooms in our room so my friend and I were able to get ready at the same time which really helped get out of the room faster. There was even a tub in one of the bathrooms (which we used to soak our sore feet in after one particular day of marathon walking).
The other added benefit of this more out-of-the-way locale is the supermarkets! There is one around the corner and a bigger one 3 blocks away. It really helped to stock up there on fruit, water, muffins, etc. when we needed things and helped keep our costs way down. I bought water there every day for 20 cents (in euros). I also found a great patisserie right next to the metro stop. There tea con leche is great and so are their pasties and sandwiches. I recommend the jamon con queso (warm). You also must try some of their hot chocolate. For those who have never had European style chocolate you are in for a treat. The ladies there were so friendly and helpful in taking my order, never getting frustrated with my high school Spanish and they would always make recommendations for me to try. They were so friendly and welcoming that I would go there every morining before jumbing on the metro.
Now on to the cons...first the location. The metro is super easy. Anyone who has lived in NYC, DC, Boston, etc. will find this system a cake walk. And even those newbies to public transportation will find the color-coded lines easy to read. However, the hotel is definately in an out of the way locale. Its not in the middle of the action. Yes it is conveniently located right next to a metro stop, but only choose this hotel if you´re OK with using the metro, taxis, or buses to travel just about everywhere.
The other con that I would mention is privacy/lack of sound-proofing. I could frequently hear people in the hallway at night and even in the room next to us.
Finally, this isn´t really a con, but it´s important to note that the U232 seems to be more of a business hotel so don´t be suprised if you´re surrounded more by business people then tourists (that might acutally be more of a positive now that I think on it).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window that let´s light in. The one´s in my room made it appear it was dawn-d...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kris H
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed three nights. Staff very good, helpful.
Room clean, in good condition. Balcony overlooking street.
Room too hot and air conditioning not end equate to keep in control. Dread to think what would be like in summer.
However room quiet. Bathroom OK, shower was impossible to get decent flow of hot water. Used handheld spray aye he'd to taps instead which was more than adequate. Sink drained very slowly indeed which meant it filled up very quickly which was a bit annoying. No coffee making facilities in room - a major black mark in my eyes.
Breakfast a bit so-so, coffee good, staff good.
Price good and about 50m from metro so access to rest of city excellent.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank D M
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Easy to get to by train & metro from airport and easy to find when you emerge. Chic decoration and calm atmosphere. This is the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in, no noise from other rooms or corridor. Travelling as a mother and son we have often had to endure noises from other rooms which a teenager doesn't want to hear with his mother! We asked for a room with a view if possible and got a room on the front with a small balcony. The room was large and well supplied. The free wi-fi was a decent speed and reliable. I would have liked the shower to come out from the wall a little more but it wasn't a problem. The location was very good, we walked to Camp Nou and back from Sagrada Familia with no problem. The staff made good recommendations for restaurants in the area and had information for tourist buses and other attractions or facilities. Buy your tourist bus ticket here, you pay 5 euros at the hotel and the rest on the bus but you get a 2 euro discount on the bus price. We will definitely come back here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family