“Good value for money”

Barcelona Century Hotel
Ranked #262 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is quite a bargain in a pricey city. Our room was clean and comfortable, except for the beds which were hard. The location is better than you'd think from looking at the map,a residential area, just a 15 minutes walk to Plaza Catalunya. Being in a residential area has several advantages, amongst others a supermarket, fruit shop and very nice bakery where we had breakfast.There are several bus stops outside the hotel, and even a direct line to the Barceloneta beach.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are more quiet,
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank almthen

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have travelled a lot and stayed at numerous hotels all over the world. But never before have I paid 152 euros for such a simple, small and smelly room.
The three previous nights we stayed at the Sants Barcelona for a conference (110 euros a night, breakfast included). Beautiful, spacious, luxurious rooms and the food was superb. What a terrible disappointment when we moved to the Century Park where we had decided to stay for another night closer to the centre.
Yes, a busy time in Barcelona, but no need to ask three times the fee I have to when I now want to book the same single room at the end of this week.

Stupid that I did not have a better look when I booked two months ago, for this price I had expected something similar to the Sants. No way. After we had been robbed on Sunday, had reported this at the police station and returned to the hotel at 22.45 in the evening and we asked if we could have a drink at the bar. But no, of course the bar was closed! At a hotel where I and my colleague had to pay 152 euros each for just one night. Really a disgrace. When we wanted to complain we were told the manager would be present on Monday morning. Very conveniently no manager at 9 o'clock, not at 10 o'clock and not at 12 o'clock when we left.
We were told to write them an email, which I did. So far no answer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I selected the Century Park hotel for its value for money positioning and location and got what I had bargained for. The staff is an absolute delight. Very cooperative and friendly. The rooms, though small are well maintained, bathrooms well fitted and cleanliness regular.

Location wise it's close to a metro, within few blocks of walking to the central area but even so is not that central. This was a slight disappointment or maybe I should have been mentally prepared to walk as much.

The few suggestions I'd have - a heater in the winter season please! And definitely a more dependable wifi quality. I'd definitely stay here again if I had to be in this neighborhood.

Room Tip: Try getting a side room so there's less noise disturbance.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rayofash
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed 1st November13 for 5 nights at this hotel.Staff extremely friendly and helpful.Hotel spotless.Rooms small but adequate bathroom clean and shower easy to use.
Breakfast continental but good variety.
Approx.600m from metro and 2 stops from center of city.Advantage of being on the outskirts of the town is cheaper meal prices and very much cheaper bar prices.I found a nice small bar run by husband and wife, chairs outside under parasols 2 glasses of lovely white wine 4 euro.You can find this bar at junction of Carrer de Urgelli and Carrer de Valencia next bar down Urgelli from Cafe Formate.
Advice if staying 6 days allow 100 euro per couple for travel. Buy ticket at airport for Aerobus return ticket around 10 euro 20 cents per person.Important to get the right bus A2.which will stop at Urgelli.Take a leaflet from the bus which will show you where to get picked up on your return journey.The streets are one way so you are picked up in a different street very close by.
If you are only staying a couple of days buy a tour bus ticket which you can buy at the hotel which also includes a booklet which gives you discounts at various sites These tickets are approx 34 euro each for the 2days you save 4 euro by buying them at the hotel.If staying more than a couple of days buy T10 tickets which allows you 10 trips on local transport such as metro,bus or tram.These are priced at approx 10 euro each.You can buy these at metro stations or tobacco shops.
I spent the first day just chilling out getting used to my surrounds,the second and third day used the tourist bus and the 4th and 5th day the T10 Tickets.
The biggest surprise was Barcelona zoo.When entering it i thought this was going to be very small but it does open out and there are many animals to see.Worth a few hours looking round and gets you away from the from the main touristy bits and gives you a chance to chill out.,

Room Tip: I don't see any difference in any room most are overlooking the street but as the window is doub...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank douglasCountyArmagh
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights this week and felt that the staff and service was great. The room was big enough on a main road but with the windows shut the noise from the street was shut out. The room was air conditioned which was lovely. Great Power shower!!! - definitely worth staying for. We found the staff incredibly welcome and went out of their way to ensure we had a good stay. I think the fact that the hotel was a 10-15 min walk from the hustle and bustle of the main touristy part of Barcelona really suited us as it gave us some time out and allowed us to enjoy a more realistic spain as well as the main touristy part.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mary D
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were booked into this hotel by our cruise agent, at the end of a Mediterranean Cruise. We arrived early one Monday morning, after the boat had docked, they locked our bags into a secure room behind the reception desk. It happened to be my birthday, and when asked to commend somewhere nice to get dinner, they provided the card of a restaurant within easy walking distance, where the food was excellent - and also very reasonably priced. On the cruise we'd been "nickeled and dimed" unmercifully, the Century Park provided a very pleasant contrast; Free WiFi, they secured our bags AGAIN (at no charge) when we quit the room and spent the day exploring Barcelona before flying back. When we returned to the hotel to collect our cases, we were offered complimentary tea and coffee. I'd not only happily return to theis hotel, but would unhesitatingly commend it to travellers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ronald_C_Walker
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was nice. We stayed there a couple of days and we enjoyed it. It is close to the metro station and close to the centre of barcelona. The receptionist was very nice but she booked a restaurant near the hotel twice for us and it wasn't very nice. I guess she might have taken a commission from the restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple