“Que Bonita el hotel”

Ranked #85 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Denver,Colorado
“Que Bonita el hotel”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

While it is difficult to find a bad location for any hotel in Central Barcelona, this hotel probably has the best location in the city. The Plaza Catalunya is a major city square with fountains, lots of shopping nearby and a plethora of restaurants within walking distance. The Plaza is also a drop off and pick up point for the airport bus which will whisk you to the airport every few minutes for only 5.90 Euros. The city bus and Metro lines are also in the Plaza. I always buy a multi trip bus pass for the trip to the beach. The hotel itself is a gem. It is not large. I was greeted at check in by an outstanding gentleman named Chevy. Chevy remembered me by name every time he saw me for the entire week. Although I never got to know the other desk staff by name, they were always friendly and greeted me when I would walk into the hotel. I found this very nice since I had just come form a hotel in Greece where the staff needs to take lessons from this staff on friendliness and customer service. At this hotel, even the restaurant waiters would say hello in the stairwell in passing. I got the only room on the top ( 5th ) floor. I was happy with the room but then I opened the patio door to find a huge rooftop deck with a table, two chairs, chase lounge, large umbrella 3 potted orange trees and potted geraniums. It was beautiful and I used it many times during the week to sit outside and read or take a nap. I took care to water the trees and flowers every day. I have never had a bad experience with the H10 hotel chain and highly recommend this hotel for it's decor, location and staff.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Catalunya Plaza all have small balconies with a view of the Plaza. Room 501 has a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel is not only beautifully set up with decorations and a marble staircase (also a lift) but the staff are very friendly, the location is brilliant with La Rambla (main street mall) only about 500m away (roughly) ... If you want bus access - particualrly hop on-hop off bus access, this hotel is for you. (I highly recommend the 2-day ticket for the hop on-hop off bus (the blue one) since you get your money's worth several times over. Definitely will be staying at this hotel again when re-visiting Barcelona.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 11pm. The check in staff were friendly and accommodating and were expecting us. We were given a complimentary glass of Spanish cava on arrival.

The room was amazing! It was so elegant and comfortable. It has a coffee machine and complimentary bottles of water, which the staff replenish each day.

We had a desk and a sitting area, and the bathroom was rather large.

The hotel itself is centrally located, close to the hop on/hop off bus and near many restaurants and shops.

I would love to stay at this hotel again, and will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jezz1992
Dorking, Surrey
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I booked a 3 night stay at this hotel with LastMinute.Com, literally 2 days before we travelled. This hotel was recommended by a work colleague.

The Hotel itself is very modern and used for business people a lot I think. It is right across the road from the Metro so perfect when you arrive tired from the airport with your cases.

Our room 1719 was on the 17th floor and we had upgraded so had a corner room, so lots of light and the views of the city were absolutely amazing.

The bed was the biggest I have ever seen (could easily sleep 2 adults and kids!) with huge pillows and beautiful crisp clean bed linen. We had a double basin as well as bath, wetroom/shower and toilet in our room so tons of space and lashings of hot water at all times.

The breakfast is in the restaurant on the 23rd floor and is buffet style and just amazing. We put on 2lbs each in the 3 days we were there! We didn't have dinner in the restaurant preferring to eat in local bars and restaurants we had found ourselves.

We used the spa only for the swimming pool and sauna as the treatments, as with all spas were quite expensive and we didn't have time. I would say the pool area was looking a bit tired, not like it looks on the website and could do with some re-grouting etc.

All in all a very good stay and a big thank you to the reception staff who were immensely kind and helpful with suggestions for restaurants and printing our boarding passes and popping under our door for us.

Room Tip: Room 1719 on the 17th floor is a corner room which affords amazing views of the city and the bathroo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ballintra, Ireland
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Lovely Hotel that combines the modern with period style. Perfect location on main Plaza. Attractive, comfortable and well stocked (drinks, snacks) common area including atrium, library, computer & TV area, and bar. Very nice, clean, air conditioned rooms, ours with separate sitting area plus terrace (wonderful for gathering with family and friends). Staff, very welcoming, friendly and helpful with local knowledge and train schedules(gracias, Anna). Lots of restaurants, shops and things to do within a few steps and Las Ramblas a half block away. We even took the train that departs and arrives under the Plaza along the Costa Brava to visit friends. HIghly recommend H10 Catalunya Plaza in wonderful Barcelona.

Room Tip: Larger room with sitting area and terrace, quiet side, well worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I agree that this is an ideal "home base" spot in Barcelona. The hallways reminded me a little bit of The Shining. As far as European hotel rooms go, it was fine - not much space, but wasn't expecting it. The trouble was the service. We had someone checking us in and it was his first day - the problem was how little training he'd had. While they're pleasant when you speak to them, the staff comes off as snobbish. I WOULD stay there again, but mainly for the great location. Oh and breakfast was a fortune, but they DO offer complimentary champagne, water and candy.

Be sure to bring a wash cloth or loofa b/c they only have body towels & hand towels. Also bring ear plugs, b/c the walls are paper thin and there can be outside noise late at night.

Room Tip: Ask for either a plaza (front) or courtyard (back) view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank charlatini
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Suitable for Barcelona, a city of breathtaking architecture, this boutique hotel at one end of Las Ramblas is a real stunner. This hotel was recommended to me by a work colleague, who also suggested that we book a deluxe double room with European balcony ( overlooking Catalunya Plaza) to insure enough "elbow room". For Americans used to king sized beds, be aware that this is an arrangement of two twins pushed together. Beds were plush with high quality linens. Bathroom was unexpectedly roomy, but without cabinet space to stash toiletries out of sight. Breakfast is served for 3 hours in the morning in a museum-quality dining room. Check out the lovely outdoor patio on the same floor; a terrific spot to use the free Wifi, have a glass of wine, and hang out. Another unexpected bonus: the proximity of El Cortes Anglais, the mega department store on the other side of Catalunya Plaza was convenient for picking up nearly anything a person might have forgotten to pack!

Room Tip: If you can swing the higher cost, request deluxe double room with balcony facing Catalunya Plaza. Th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple