“Just what u need!”

H10 Catalunya Plaza
Ranked #81 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Location:- Arrive by Aerobus from airport. Bus station directly on the opposite side of the plaza. Stroll 3min. Metro beside hotel. Stroll 1min. LaRamba abt 5min stroll. Various shopping less than 10min walk. Hungry? Various eateries beside, kfc/mac 1 min.

Service:- Friendly, efficient & helpful receptions staff (feel very welcome) Friendly house keeping. However, carry your own bags but with elevator.

Room:- modern, basic & functional room. I didnt expect bathrobe, big bottle drinking water, full toiletries, hairdryer, slippers. Neither the patio (gd for smokers). I was surprised but for a gd one. Nespresso machine was wonderful for a gd start in the morning. Mine was a room for 2adults & a child. Still got room for my kid to roam around. A double bed with a sofa bed. If really want to squeeze my head & find fault will be the mattress are sagging.

I give 5* for location, staff services & room. Justify for what I have paid. It actually exceed my expectation for the price I paid.

Barcelona are quite windy. Put on more clothing ya..

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SingaporeTravelnut

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Personally, this 3 star hotel deserves at least 4 stars.

Located at Plaza Catalunya, it's 5 mins on foot to La Rambla, a 10 min jaunt to the shopping district and a 15 min leisurely stroll to the Gothic quarters; with the Metro just 20m from the hotel entrance. Plenty of cabs along the street as well so no worries in regards to transport.

I'd opted for a room facing the square and with the doors closed, street noise was barely discernible. Double glazed glass panel doors.

I wouldn't bother with breakfast as we'd just walk to the Boqueria Market for sustenance and then stroll across to the Gothic quarters or take a Metro to the other sights. Restaurants aplenty within 10 mins from hotel so no worries there as well.

Beds were a bit soft but expected within the price range.

PS: You can get your Global Blue IVA/VAT refunds just across the Catalunya Plaza at the Mobile World Center.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank slcy
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

As many of the other reviews have stated you really can't get a better position than this hotel - right on the main square with an endless stream of taxis always just outside the door! The hotel itself is well appointed and of a nice size so you don't get lost in the soulless barns that are so many large modern hotels! The room was nice and spacious with a sofa and a cute little terrace outside. It was away from the front and I imagine those rooms could be noisy! And speaking of noise our room - 105 - was next door to a small office so if you are planning popping back in the afternoon for a siesta/disco nap forget it! If the constantly ringing phone doesn't keep you awake the staff members who constantly stream by the office and conduct loud conversations in the corridor right outside your door will. This thoughtless staff noise will equally affect rooms 101-104.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MathanTT
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We just spent a couple of days in Barcelona on the way to another destination and chose this hotel largely based on location. It faces the Catalunya Plaza, which turned out to be perfect. They were exceptionally busy the weekend we were there and yet the staff was friendly and accommodating to our needs. The reception area is very small so we had to do a little dance with other guests checking in, but that was not a huge inconvenience. Our room was very small also, but since we spent so little time there it was a minor inconvenience. All in all the location and friendliness of staff made it a very pleasant, albeit brief, stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lester P
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Wish I had my pedometer on during our stay at the H10 Catalunya Plaza. You could not ask for a better location for exploring Barcelona. While it is certainly in a central location with the HOHO buses stopping directly in front of the hotel and the Aerobus located on the opposite side of the Plaza, it is its walking location that says it all. Las Ramblas is nearby as are the Metro stops.

The hotel is a nicely appointed boutique property- beautiful upper lounge, restaurant and library area. Our room was very nice with a little outside terrace. Of particular note is the fabulous chocolate that they left for their turn-down service.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diane from WI
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just returned from two nights and three very full days in Barcelona. I chose this hotel based on it's excellent location and the abundant good reviews. What I didn't expect was the incredible first class service I received from the moment I arrived until the car picked me up to whisk me away to the airport.
German Sanchez was the front desk manager when I arrived. He took the opportunity of our first introduction to find out what I was interested in doing and what my comfort level was in doing so. He gave me an a brilliant two day itinerary with highlights he was extremely passionate about. I could not have been more happy. I didn't have to do a thing except be pointed in the right direction and show up. He organized all my tour and show tickets AND dinner reservations/suggestions!
Not only did he provide all this hospitality but he gave me some history and did it with the light behind his eyes of someone who loved his city and country.
They provided me with a lovely room that had a huge rooftop terrace. I felt so spoilt by all the staff. They knew me by name and greeted me on all occasions leaving and entering the hotel.
I travel the world many times over for business and pleasure. Although I never expect this kind of service, it is often provided at the finest Hotels in the world. This quaint boutique hotel is completely lovely in every way, I just wasn't expecting this kind of personal service.
Barcelona is one of the most beautiful cities in the world with with rich history and culture. I certainly will be back many more times staying at the beautiful little gem.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank austindanny
Reviewed November 3, 2013

we just came back from a 5 days stay at the h10 plaza catalunya and we will defenetly be coming back at our next visit at barcelona!
super central location, wonderfull staff, real helpfull (we were celebrating our anniversry so they upgraded our room and gave us free choclate every day!)
dont skip the delicious breakfast, worth every euro.
thank you we had a great time!

Room Tip: try to get the room that facing to the placa catalunya