“Good hamburgers (<10€)”

Ranked #302 of 9,931 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Good hamburgers, 100% made in front of you, even the meat of the hamburger itself!
Meat had a good flavor (not with too much salt or condiments) and the other ingredients are fresh and healthy.
You choose everything you want on your hamburger.

There are newer reviews for Pim Pam Burger

Reviewed June 14, 2013

tasty and fresh burgers made on the premises, bustling and busy with everyone crammed onto tiny stools and tables. Good fun and excellent fast food.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I will start of my review by saying this place has the best burger and the best fries in Barcelona. The perfect place to come and eat if you are starving/hungover and are willing to sit looking away from the kitchen.

When we got here, the whole menu looked delicious. There are six options I believe and they all look great. The price is very reasonable. The fries are amazing and the burger are comparable to those found in the better American venues.

Now for the reasoning behind the rating: incredible amounts of cross-contamination.

After we ordered and paid, the same guy (#1) that took our money took a burger in his bare hand then put it on the grill. He went away to do something and his colleague (#2) was left to tend to the food. Until that point #2 had been shaping fresh raw burgers with his gloves on - this is obviously perfectly fine. When he went to tend to the cooking burgers, he used the same used spatula as #1 without taking his bloody (literally) gloves off, then he handed us our canned drinks and built our burgers partially by hand.

I was too hungry so I ate, but I will not return.

My categorizing assumes I didn't see anything, couldn't get them get away with service though. If you are afraid of E. Coli or other diseases just take off about 3 stars for food and value.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place is tiny! Meaning hit it at lunch time and your in for a fight to the counter.

You'll even start to wonder why you came here in the first place. Is it worth the struggle?

But then you get your order in and watch everyone else barrelling in. You smile and think, "that was me 5 minutes ago."

Then you are presented with your prize, Redemption! A Quality fresh made product that will always go down well!

So the overall experience is a bit like getting a tattoo, while you're in there you wonder what on earth you're doing. But you end up going back because some things are just worth it!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I read some of the TA reviews of Pim Pam Burger after visiting and would say that I could see where reviewers were coming from but that our experience wasn't as negative as others, We stumbled on this place looking for an evening snack after a day of exploring the coast around Barcelona. Sited in El Born,it initially looks like a delicatessen, selling a wide range of tapas and noodle type dishes that looked pretty tasty, being honest. But there was a small seating area inside and several locals who were in there all seemed to be tucking into burgers...so burgers it was.

The menu was only in Spanish but we managed to work out what a special burger was - burger, salad, cheese, egg and supposedly special salsa but this was missing from the final product. I ordered two large, special burgers, a portion of chips and two beers. I wouldn't describe the service as friendly but it was efficient. Beers came first, closely followed by a large bowl of chips to share - fresh, hot and crispy. Burgers came last and were, well, pretty good burgers. Nice meat, well cooked, fresh salad. Difficult to get wrong really. Not exactly traditional Catalunyan cuisine, but it all went down very well. Should add that the place was spotlessly clean inside.

Total bill came to a shade over 20 euros, which we thought was reasonable for the area, If you fancy a decent burger, then give it a go. You'll get a good meal and service, but don't expect service with a smile.