Pol & Grace Hotel
Hotel Claris(Barcelona)
$230
$225
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$377
$211
$134
$123
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$150
$403
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
1,294 results
All reviewsmetro stationsant gervasifree tea and coffeerecommend this hoteltransport linkstriple roomresidential arealounge areapark guellhotel is locatedplaca catalunyavisit barcelona againlovely hotelclean roomsquiet locationcentral barcelonahotel staff
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here for a two night visit to Barcelona.

The hotel is well presented. Rooms simple but comfortable, and air con is efficient (a must in the warm Spanish summer!). Service pleasant and courteous.

Hotel is literally 30s from the railway which drops you at the top of La Rambla in about 10 minutes for 2E each way.

For 52E a night for a twin room, this hotel represents an excellent mixture of convenience, comfort and value - would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice hotel with helpful staff. Close to shops and sagrada familia. $6 euros by taxi to ramblas.room is okay. No ref. provides toothbrush more than other hotels. Price not too too bad. There are mini stores closeby than you can buy water and fruits at less price than going to a restaurant. . The elevator kind of small if there is a lot of you . We have to take turns to go up to the room. They will print your boarding pass and gives you map of barcelona

1  Thank Babymar79
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We just got back to the UK from a short trip to Barcelona (which is an amazing city). We stayed at the Guillermo Tell for 2 nights and this is our experience.

1) The hotel looked a bit more modern than I had expected.
2) When we booked the room I had requested a camper cot for our son. Upon entering our room his camper cot had been set up as well as they had made it up (including a blanket and a pillow).
3) The hotel is in a fantastic location. There is an underground station only a mere 100m (if that) with quick access to tourist areas. There are also shops / restaurants / bakeries etc all around the hotel.
4) The room size was okay, although we did have a super king size bed so that may have impacted on the perception of the size of the room. I'm not going to complain about the large bed size :) It is a bit of a tight squeeze when you have a child as the cot / push chair etc will take up a fair amount of your space within the room.
5) The staff weren't overly friendly. I think that is to be expected when in European Countries. Their cultural background and development is different so their approach would be. That isn't to say that they didn't help us out when we requested it.
6) The breakfast options are decent. Not a huge array to choose from, but enough to get you going.

The wife and I will definitely be going back to this hotel when we visit Barcelona again.

Room Tip: When booking your room, ask them for a king size bed - - - it's a freebie
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is very clean and pleasant, rooms could have done with being a tad larger but good enough for a base and afternoon fiesta's. The rooms were cleaned each day and complimentary toiletries replenished which was handy.
I cannot comment on breakfast as we never ate at the hotel due to the large selection of nearby cafes/restaurants.
Most of the reception staff seemed polite except for the day time guy, unfortunately he was so disinterested and condescending that in the end we didnt bother to ask any questions. Reception is usually our first point of call for reccomendations and advice on exploring a city but this was made impossible by this guy's attitude.
Location is perfect if you dont mind using public transport, 3 metro stops away from catalunya station (top of ramblas) and the station is less than a 2 min walk from the hotel. We walked to park guell in less than half an hour and then a further 20 mins on to segregada famillia.
The hotel didnt have much charater/ atmosphere which isnt a problem if you spend most of your time out and about as we did. Good value for money, others of this quality and price appeared much further away.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel advertises "spacious" triple rooms, which was one of my reasons for booking. "Spacious" is not even close to describing this small, dark room, barely adequate for 1 person at a time to be up and moving around. I had booked a room with a double bed and a single - I got 3 single beds. When I asked the clerk for another bed arrangement per my request, he informed me that they only had two triple rooms and they did not come with double beds. He seemed rather put out that I had asked, and told me I needed to request a double bed when I booked my reservation. I informed him I had, and when he checked to confirm, he just said that they could put the beds together and make a double bed "tomorrow." He was less than friendly or helpful, and when I asked how to get to the parking garage - he just waved his hand in the general direction of the street and said it was "over there". (Barcelona has many 1-way streets, making direct access to the hotel's parking a bit tricky.) No map, no instructions on how to drive there. One just had to guess the route. The room was clean, the beds quite comfortable, the a/c worked well. Breakfasts, at 16 euros, are pricey, especially for those who don't each much in the morning. But there are plenty of places just down the street for excellent morning meals at reasonable prices. Access to public transport is great. I had had to change my reservation arrival date, and received confirmation of the change. But at check-out, my bill had been calculated from the original date, not the check-in date - for an additional cost of over 400 euros! I had to point out the error and request that they re-calculate the bill. It was done, but not very graciously. All-in-all, I won't be going back or recommending this hotel. There are many others to choose from.