All reviews barceloneta metro station gothic quarter approximately mins walk harbour beach nice city hotel our room was cleaned daily star hotel great location quiet square el born check in was quick and easy hard boiled eggs city tax parc de la ciutadella minute walk from la rambla set you up for the day las rambla
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights last week for a short trip to Barca.

A very decent location, right near the Marina area of the city. Lots of pubs and restaurants nearby in the Born area, which I'd recommend, along with the Gothic area nearby, which had lots of places of interest. My advice would be to avoid Las Ramblas as it seemed to me to be like Northumberland Street with more hassle from people. Think Blackpool with more pickpockets.

The hotel was fine, although the room was canny hot, despite it being not that warm outside. The air conditioning didn't seem to work, although not really a bother because we had the window open all night - shut when the sun came up but excellent blackout curtains were class.

We were charged 2 Euros a night for the key to the safe, which I thought was mildly sly, and the only English channels were news ones - I'm now very up to date with the US mid-term elections, which I didn't particularly want to be. This is a petty little Englander moan though.

The lad on the reception seemed canny moody on arrival, but perked up, and the other people working there were all lovely. Free apples and mints too, if you're into that sort of carry on. Calling a taxi and giving directions no bother. We came back one afternoon to find the cleaner in our room and she couldn't have been nicer too.

I'd recommend - decent room, good location, good price.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheMagpieSlug
GARGALLO, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2019

Dear Client. We are delighted that you have chosen our hotel and left you with such good experience. We work to make our customers happy and our greatest satisfaction is knowing that our goal has been met. We hope to welcome you back to our hotels in the near future. Anna Ruiz. Customer service

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

When I just want a night prior to a cruise I look for value for money. I got it. We also got a nice view onto a quiet square which was nice but it was raining.

The location was great for exploring the gothic area and barceloneta. Lots of great tapas bars just a short walk away.

The hotel was clean, we had twin beds pushed together- but what the heck it is just one night. The shower was powerful. The staff were very helpful.

The breakfast was also really good value at just 5:50 euro.

I would consider staying there again if the price is right

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GARGALLO, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2019

Dear Customer, thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We are very happy to know that we have contributed to make your trip an unforgettable experience. Anna Ruiz. Customer service.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

The location was ok, very close to Barceloneta metro station and walking distance to beaches, Gothic quarter and the Ramblas. The hotel itself we didn't like so much and we felt it was overpriced. We had asked for 1 two-person bed and instead were given 2 single beds. As it was just for one night and we arrived very late this was not a big problem, but no so nice if you want to spend a romantic weekend together in Barcelona. In advance we had also emailed the hotel informing them about our late arrival to ensure that our room would still be there, but never received a reply to that email even though we used the email address listed on the hotel's website. The hallways smelled damp, the room itself luckily less. The beds and pillows were not comfortable (I could clearly feel the springs of the mattress) and the soundproofing was not good, you could hear very clearly other guests and also music from I guess the adjacent building. The only positive thing was the breakfast. For only 5.50 euros per person we were surprised with the amount of choices and quality of the breakfast. However in total we feel that the hotel was overpriced and we will not return.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GARGALLO, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2019

Thank you for your comments. The room price may vary depending on the occupancy of the hotel or if there is an event in the city. We take note of your opinion, it helps us to improve. We look forward to hosting you soon on your next visit. Anna Ruiz. Department. customer service.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

The hotel is tucked away down a side street so the transfer bus cannot get directly outside which means a brief walk from where you are dropped off. (This is no problem is taking a taxi as cars can get down the street). The reception is clean and welcoming and the staff very helpful. There is a lift to all floors. I did not experience any noise issues whilst I was there; it seemed a very quiet hotel.
The room was comfortable and clean, with a TV and safe. There was limited clothes storage but sufficient for what I needed - I was staying 3 nights and there was just me.
The bed was comfortable and the room had air con. The shower was powerful and hot water plentiful. Hair/shower gel, a guest size bar of soap, 2 hand and 2 bath towels along with a bathmat were provided.There was a hairdryer in the room but I did not use it so cannot comment on what it was like.
I had a balcony on my room which was nice, especially to gauge the temperature outside before going out, although there was not much of a view.
The breakfast room was clean and bright and again the staff there helpful and friendly.The breakfast was good - typical continental style with plenty of breads, meats, cheese, jams, honey and a variety of fruit. Cereals and muffins were also available. Fruit juices and a mix of hot drinks were 'on tap'.
The hotel was within easy walking distance of the Gothic quarter, approximately 5 mins walk away from Parc de la Ciutadella and next to Estacio de Franco; even walking around alone at 2230hrs I felt safe in the area.
For what is classed as a 2* hotel I was very pleasantly surprised at what I got.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
GARGALLO, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Customer. We are delighted that you have chosen our hotel and left with such a good experience. We work to make our customers happy and our greatest satisfaction is to know that our goal has been met. We hope to welcome you in our hotels in the near future. Anna Ruiz. Customer service

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Enjoyed our stay here in September. Good sized room, comfy bed, helpful staff. It is only 2 minutes to Barceloneta Metro, used it a lot, easy to navigate just buy a ticket for 10 euros and that gives you 10 trips anywhere on the system. Close to old city, everything is within walking distance. Breakfast had a good selection, something for everyone, Karin looked after everyone very well, nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this Hotel for comfort and location. Just a little niggle, in other city hotels we have stayed in they have tea and coffee available throughout the day free. In the Santa Marta there is only a coffee machine to use which has no tea! But hey, it is listed as a 2 star only, so maybe that could explain it.

Room tip: We had room no 602 on the 6th floor, very quiet, excellent double glazing.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Customer. Thank you for your opinion and that you used your time to write us about your stay. We work to make our customers happy and our greatest satisfaction is to know that our goal has been met. We hope to welcome you in our hotels in the near future. Anna Ruiz. Customer service