“Wonderful find in a wonderful city!!!!!”
Review of EuroPark Hotel

EuroPark Hotel
Ranked #34 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Based on Trip Advisor's valued input we booked this hotel for a pre-cruise visit in Barcelona. We could not have made a better choice. The hotel is conveniently located in the Exiample district in a very quite and lovely neighborhood, yet it is within convenient walking distance to all of the activity without all the noise. The rooms are very very clean and modern and best of all the beds are fantastic. We have bad backs and finding a good hotel bed that gives us a good nights sleep is rare. In this case we give the beds an A+++. The front desk staff could not have been more pleasant and accommodating. Their assistance in suggesting some local restaurants resulted in us having excellent meals. Unfortunately we were so busy seeing the sights that we did not take advantage of the rooftop pool. We had the continental European breakfast every day and it was definitely worth it. Could not find or comment on anything bordering on being negative about the Europark. Highly recommend it and would rebook again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Although we were on the third floor it might have been nicer to have been on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,199)

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel has a great location within walking distance to main attractions and many restaurant choices. It was very clean and very well maintained. The rooms were of adequate size and the bathroom amenities were over the top! We ate breakfast at the hotel. it got a bit boring, but there was nothing wrong with it. I was a bit concerned as I had read about some crime in the area. We did not experience that near the hotel (although we almost got pick pocketed on the subway!). Sebastian at the front desk is the absolute best! He made great recommendations to us and took care to give very specific directions. All front desk people spoke English, which was very helpful. The only very minor glitch was the A/C in one of our rooms. HOWEVER, management went to great pains to correct the problem and ultimately gave us a discount upon checkout. Honestly, they could not have been nicer.
Overall, Barcelona is a wonderful city, but I cannot stress enough that you MUST be vigilant when walking the city. Overall, people are very nice, but there is an element there that will pick your pocket. Do not be fooled and be especially careful if anyone approaches you. Wear sunglasses and don't make eye contact and never stop to answer a question for anyone!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at the Europark hotel for 3 nights in September and booked the room based off the the tripadvisor reviews. Unfortunately, I wish I would have booked elsewhere.

Pros:
Clean
Friendly
Market nearby
Cafe's nearby for breakfast
Pool
Decent size

Cons:
View was less than desirable
Location- busy street, not close to anything unless by train
Room Service: Ravioli was half cold as if it had been microwaved

Again, the stay was OK, but if I was coming back, I'd book closer to the water or attractions.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amyelizabeth94
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed in this hotel based on the recommendation of a co-worker. Excellent. Very nicely appointed rooms, comfortable beds, clean, very nice bathroom and even a decent LCD TV if you just want to kick back.

The accessibility to the center of Barcelona is also a plus, being about a 15-20 min walk away from where things start to get interesting.

Back to the hotel, we also found the staff friendly and overall we enjoyed our stay. Oh, before I forget, the pool on the roof is quite ok as well.

If we are back in Barcelona, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Well if you go to this hotel pray for excellent weather! The rooftop terrace with swimming pool is just awesome to chill after a day walking around town. Metro Girona nearby takes you to Barceloneta beach in just 4 stops. Market - fresh bread, fruits, meats, cheese - with supermarket nearby, so no need to book breakfast at all!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed in July in one of the "top view" rooms.
Lovely rooms, tastefully decorated, very clean.
Only downside was that there were no tea/coffeee making facilities in the room (but that appears to be the standard for Barcelona!).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hard to fault this really nice hotel where I stayed in room 301 for 6 nights in June 2011. Check in was very efficient and they greeted me by name which I thought was nice but not sure how they knew it was me unless I was the last guest with a reservation to check in that night. The room was nice but maybe a bit smaller than I was expecting but everything that I was expecting was there including a very striking décor with a lot of black and white, the bed was very comfortable and for a change in Europe wasn’t two single beds pushed together. The room suffered from what I have found a lot of in Europe when it comes to single rooms, no view and this room looked out onto the wall of the building next door, but if you did open the window and look to the side you could see the street and while I didn’t spend much time in the room during the day it would have been nice to have an outlook, but it did make the room very quiet. The bathroom continued the black and white theme and had a great deep bathtub which was appreciated after a long day walking around the city and had all the expected toiletries. There was free internet connection which worked well and a fridge which was handy as on the next block was a great market with a modern supermarket and maybe 20 or more little cheese, fruit and deli type stores selling a wonderful variety of food.
Breakfast was included in my rate and was a good one with a decent selection of hot and cold items and a nice view overlooking the street.
The location is good not too far from one of the main tourist areas Passeig de Gracia and only a block to the nearest metro station Girona which while convenient I didn’t really find the line that it was on the greatest and most journeys involved a transfer at one of the main stations.
The hotel has a pool on the 8th or 9th floor with some great views over the city along with a few chairs and loungers. The pool area is very attractive and while the pool looks great it isn’t very big and it is also very shallow and not really a pool you could do laps in but a great place to just cool down at the end of a very hot day sightseeing in Barcelona.
The staff were very helpful with directions and taxis etc during my stay. If I had any criticism and they are only very minor were that the glass toped desk made it difficult to use the mouse for my laptop and the closet which was part of the room had no door so my clothes were always on view and in the bathroom there was a little doorstop which was there to stop the door banging against the toilet but I managed nearly every day to stub my toe on it.
Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future if I come back to Barcelona.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo