“The most beautiful service and location ever!!!!!”
Review of Moderno Hotel Bcn

Moderno Hotel Bcn
Ranked #334 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
“The most beautiful service and location ever!!!!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I DIDNT EVEN STAY HERE, I stayed at a hotel down thr street however my sister who I was travelling with stayed here and I would go in her hotel to see and meet her. Everytime I went in here the service was amazing I wish I stayed here the reception staff are so helpful and truely go above and beyond for their guests! The rooms are adorable, clean and perfect value if not a bargin for the quality you get! Great location a minute walk from thr main lively strip and lots of yummy nearby resturants including the hotels one next door where me and my sister had fab wine and paella!! Plus the service at this resturant was wonderful too with the staff always smiling and perfect timing of food between courses ! LOVE LOVE LOVE the place me n my sister are 19 and 21 and I will definitely be booking with this hotel if I ever come back yo barcelona! !!!

1 Thank Sarah C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The location of Moderno Hotel in Barcelona is excellent. Very close to many sights, 1 minute walk from the Metro and 5 minutes walk from Catalonia.
The hotel is very simple but clean.
Breakfast is good and the staff are very friendly and help in any question.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at the Moderno for 2 nights prior to boarding a Mediterranean cruise in June. The hotel is literally right in the middle of all the action. It was a great choice since we were a big group and some of my nephews enjoyed the bustling nightlife without having to go very far. Location, Location!!!! If I could give it 10 stars for location, I would. The rooms are basic and on the small side. We had a quad room for 3 people. The bathroom is a fair size for Europe. The buffet was simple but plentiful. They served eggs on some days, sausages, cold meats, cheeses, breads, muffins, cereals, chocolate croissants (must have for sure) and juices. Internet was spotty but very good signal in the breakfast area and lobby. The Hotel restaurant is extremely good - their paella is to die for as well as the croquettas. Front desk staff deserves 5 stars. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the Ramblas. A bit noisy but nice feel of the Barcelona nightlife
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gianao
Reisterstown, MD
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a simple hotel, a few steps off La Rambla. The location is perfect. It is close to 2 metro stations, walking distance to the boardwalk/port and to Plaza Catalunya. The breakfast is very good and includes fruit, breads and meats, as well as a variety of coffee and juices. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We got a triple and were given a room with a balcony which I loved. Because of the balcony there was a lot of street noise at night but nothing a pair of earplugs couldn't take care of. It's also close to banks and exchange houses. Most importantly, it's two blocks from the market, "La Boqueria," the source of the best food ever. I would return to this hotel if I went back to Barcelona. The restaurant next door (which is part of the hotel) is also very good. You must try the black rice paella - it is the best thing you've ever tasted! The staff here is very friendly also. You can get coupons for the restaurant at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony if you don't mind street noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mpls
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Perfect location! Steps from Las Ramblas and a Metro stop. The room we stayed in was basic but clean. Our window opened to an interior area about the size of an elevator shaft so no view to speak of. There are comings and goings throughout the night so ear plugs really help. For the money, it worked for us. No complaints at all! The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and our room had been given away, but the staff (Alex) more than made up for the overbook by giving us each our own single room, which happened to work well for us. We were given front rooms with a small balcony, but great views onto Las Ramblas, which is very close by. The staff was very helpful about any questions and accommodating. The rooms were simple but clean. Location was great...right off the center of Las Ramblas and close to the metro and gothic quarter. Easy walking distance to most places. A bit noisy, but not bad considering the extreme games were in town at the time. Be very aware of your bags and personally belongings at all times walking around or in any establishment...pickpockets abound.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the end of May with my friend. My friends recommended it to me. When we arrived at the hotel, it appeared that our reservation wasnt confirmed due to credit card problems, and there was no room for us to stay. Alex - a great guy at reception did all his best and found a neighbouring hotel for us for some nights, in that busy football weekend, did reservation, called taxi, and in two days was ready to welcome us again at his hotel. This man made our stay in Barcelona great, thank him so much! The hotel is situated just off 24/7 no sleep La Rambla street, in the middle of everything, 50m to metro station, shops, bars, The Market, 500m the sea. The room and bathroom are enough size for two, very clean. Standard breakfast with eggs, ham, cheeze, jelly, pastry, hot dogs, fruits. At the end of the stay we were given a bottle of champagne. The whole reception staff is english speaking, very helpful and understanding. The hotel has its restaurant next door with good dinner and sangria and gives you 10% discount for every dinner, I recommend it after a busy tiring day when feet cant walk you to further restaurants and go to bed right next door. Great stay for very good price, would love to come again to this hotel.

Room Tip: Sound proof window still wont guard your sleep in front facing rooms from never sleeping La Rambla
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple