“good surprise”
Review of Exe Mitre

Exe Mitre
Ranked #340 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We spent 2 nights (20-22 June 2013) my father and I as part of 8 days in Spain, we got room with 2 separate beds, the room was prefect clean and well equipped, the hotel team was very friendly and helpful. the price was relatively low.
I found the location very good, it is less then 5 minutes from Metro station (El Putxet) that have line (L7) that lead directly to Catalonia Sq (10 minutes).
in addition we went by feet to park Guell (1.5 KM or 30 minutes).
Bottom line good surprise

Room Tip: In the first arrival it is recommended to arrive to El Putxet Metro station is is very close to the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EladH
There are newer reviews for Exe Mitre

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent hotel at a perfect price.I stayed there 3 times in two years and I had always a wonderful time.Clean,quiet and spacious rooms with minibar, a/c, big bathroom with hydromassage and free internet.The staff was very friendly and eager to help us with any issue.Last time we stayed there,we had to check in late at night but there was no problem as there is always someone at the reception desk.The hotel is very close to the train station putxet which goes directly to plaza cataluna in about a quarter.Also, the hotel is located close to parc guell,only 15 minutes walking which is awsome.There was nothing we didn't like in this hotel and we definitely recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: "Book a room directly from the website of the hotel as there are wonderful offers there and the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicky K
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just got back from this hotel and we had a brilliant stay. Room very clean Jacuzzi bath which we didn't use. Bathroom quite small as it has a bidet and they do have toiletries just in case you are only taking hand luggage. The hotel is 10 mins from the centre and the metro is very easy to use. To get to the hotel from the airport we bought a bcn 4 day pass for €24.40 each which you can use on metro,train and buses. You cannot use this ticket on the bus from the airport to the centre. The. catch the train to sants estacio then transfer to provenca then get the l7 line to el putxet. Once your out of the metro head down the hill and the hotel is on the side road just before you get to the main road. There are supermarkets dominos and shops nearby but very limited English but you get by. Tv only has Spanish channels which you expect but do have English news channels. I would stay again if I went to Barcelona as not in the hustle and bustle but very close to enjoy it.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 210 and didn't hear any noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dustybin1923
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is more than decent although it won't compete with Marriott. The location is perfect, 2 minutes from the Metro in a nice and extra quiet area.

We got a small room at first and when we mentioned it the staff, Patricia, was super friendly and upgraded us to a better room. It was still small, although not too compact and we enjoyed it. Moreover it had a balcony which more than made up for the room size and the small bathroom.

We got the room with breakfast which was absolutely worth the money (11 Euro). Great (unlimited) cappuccino and latte (from a machine), eggs and mini hot dogs, a few kinds of bread and cheese and more. Trust me, such a breakfast will cost you 3 times this amount in Barcelona.

The TV in the room was OK, although only 2 English speaking channels are provided ((BBC and China News, for Pete's sake) but not CNN. Should not be a problem if your main concern is seeing the city although it would be nice to have CNN and maybe another sports channel (Wimbledon was on but we couldn't watch it).

To recap, the hotel is more than decent (although cleaning the room was not perfect), breakfast is good and location is superb. The staff (mostly Patricia) is amazing and the deal (about 78 Euro a day) is a good bargain. Go for it.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra for the room with a balcony - take it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Camper120
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It has been my absolute pleasure to stay at this hotel. There are a number of things that happened that might have ended very badly if it weren't for their kindness, consideration and efficiency.
Firstly, my ferry was delayed 6 hours, but fortunately this was not a problem as they have 24 hour reception so that when I arrived at 1.30 they were waiting - and had even offered me help trying to get a taxi from the port. The reception staff have been absolutely wonderful - ever single one.
Then they forgave a serious mistake I'd made accidentally double-booking, when they would have been well within their rights to charge me for it.
Also, in terms of value for money - for a three star the price was exceptional. The room is large and comfortable, has a massage bath (?) , and I slept very comfortably. There is aircon (I barely used it), safe (you can get the key for 20E deposit) and excellent wifi.
I must however mention the downsides, not enough though to lower the 5 star rating.
The hotel is a few minutes walk from the metro; though the line is quick and goes straight to Liceu. I think I would have struggled to bring my bags from there.
The walls could do with a freshening, but in my experience it is very hard to keep hotel walls clean and I have rarely seen clean walls.
I could hear the couple above getting - ahem - rambunctious. But I suspect maybe everyone in half a mile could too.
I was so glad to have made the choice I tried to extend my stay but unfortunately couldn't as the hotel was fully booked.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Alice W
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Excellent 3 stars Hotel in uptown Barcelone, really close to metro station, just 15/20mn walking from Park Güell, Excellent room size & all confort needed (good bed, Lcd TV, minibar, desk, free wifi in all hotel, free safety coffre, terrasse (5th floor only), big bathroom with hidromassage bath !!!, excellent service & breakfast !!! Employees really nice!!!

Room Tip: only the 5th floor have terrace with view to the Tibidabo Mountain. All rooms are big with hidromas...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank FrenchLusoGirl
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The location of this hotel is just perfect if you are not looking to be right in the rush of the beautiful city of Barcelona (but still close enough to it). It is a little hard to find if you arrive at night as it is positioned on a slightly hidden street. But it is close to the main attractions and gives you the opportunity to get a good night sleep after all that walking around. The rooms are clean and comfortable, service every day and they do a great job. The staff is polite and helpful. We did not have breakfast at the hotel as we decided to eat out and enjoy a cup of coffee on LAS RAMBLAS where all the tourists "meet" to "share" a meal.

Use a T10 ticket is is really the best way to get around with public transportation. A lot of main sites are at a walking distance from one another so you will not use the metro sistem that often.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple