Well what can I say. The hotel is located near the excellent, clean, easy to use extensive Metro system which is the quickest way to get around (the nearest station is El Putxet), and you can easily reach each part of Barcelona. The rooms are clean and quiet and the breakfast is very good. I would have rated it as excellent until I became very very ill on my last day. I rang reception and asked if I could check out later and they gave me another couple of hours, but I was then pretty much thrown out of my room. I managed to get downstairs and collapsed on a sofa on reception where I had to stay, in between dashes for the loo, for 5 hours with no offer of a doctor, or help in any way. A single woman, travelling alone in a foreign country, throwing up every hour on the hour and frankly terrified that I would not be able to travel home. Somehow I made it to the airport and, although I was very ill on the plane, my dear friend came to the airport to meet me and got me home.
So, would I recommend this hotel? For value for money - yes. For service and caring staff - no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Exe Mitre 3* it is a small Barcelona city hotel, without too many frills but ready to provide our guests with a welcoming, friendly, functional place to stay, with spacious rooms and all the little details that will help you to spend some happy, stress-free days with us: a healthy breakfast with freshly-squeezed orange juice, Wi-Fi connections in all the rooms, hydro-massage bathtub, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Exe Mitre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Mitre Hotel
- Eurostars Mitre Barcelona
- Exe Mitre Barcelona, Catalonia