“It was all going so well until I became ill.....”
Review of Exe Mitre

Exe Mitre
Ranked #346 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Well what can I say. The hotel is located near the excellent, clean, easy to use extensive Metro system which is the quickest way to get around (the nearest station is El Putxet), and you can easily reach each part of Barcelona. The rooms are clean and quiet and the breakfast is very good. I would have rated it as excellent until I became very very ill on my last day. I rang reception and asked if I could check out later and they gave me another couple of hours, but I was then pretty much thrown out of my room. I managed to get downstairs and collapsed on a sofa on reception where I had to stay, in between dashes for the loo, for 5 hours with no offer of a doctor, or help in any way. A single woman, travelling alone in a foreign country, throwing up every hour on the hour and frankly terrified that I would not be able to travel home. Somehow I made it to the airport and, although I was very ill on the plane, my dear friend came to the airport to meet me and got me home.
So, would I recommend this hotel? For value for money - yes. For service and caring staff - no.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Bubbles73uk

Reviewed May 14, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

quiet place, close to the metro, out of the cry centre,but you can easily take a taxi or the metro. the staff are wonderful always ready to help. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Rooms are confortable, clean, calm (we were located at the back of the building). Personnel is pleasant.
Breakfast is very good and copious.
Transportation rapidly accessible > with the metro, centre city is at 20min (10' by walking + 10' by metro).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights at the end of January. It is a very nice hotel with small but comfortable rooms. It is quite far from the city centre. We used the Metro which was great but do not use the L7 line (El Puxtet station) as they are doing construction and it takes much longer to get to the city. We found the L3 (Lesseps Station) which is about a 10 min walk from the hotel but the service is much more frequent and you do not have to change trains. Get a 10 use metro card for 10 euro. It is much cheaper than paying each time. The TV is all in Spanish but we were able to change it to English on the remote using the subtitle button. It changes the voices to the original English but only on American shows. The bathroom was very small and we found that the hot water in the shower would go very cold during high usage times. There is a safe in the room to lock up valuables but you must leave a 20 Euro deposit at reception. We tried the breakfast once and it is not worth the price at all, not enough selection and it had been sitting for a long time. There is not a lot of choices for dining in the immediate area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gmun
Reviewed February 16, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank D.C.M. S
Reviewed December 8, 2011

The rooms were clean and spacious. There was also wifi available. The staff was great. The rooms are a bit outdated though. But overall it was priced well for its value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family