“A nice home in Barcelona”

Casa Consell Apartments
Ranked #19 of 738 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed October 25, 2012

In my first experience in Barcelona, I was glad to arrieve to Casa Consell. The location is great, the metro is a couple of blocs away and you can easily walk to Casa Bartló, Plaza de Cataluña, or even Las ramblas and Barrio Gótico. People are very kind, the room was great, and it's a very peaceful place. I would recommended to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nothing but praise for this wonderfull hostel! First of all: the location is great, very close to the train station, busses, metro and great attractions within walking distance (casa battlo, La Rambla, placa catalunya etc). The building is gorgeous, very authenic with antique elevator! There's communal kitchen and free breakfast. There's also a big terrace where you can have a sunny (self made) lunch of romantic candle light dinner! The rooms are beautiful, with high ceilings and authentic details. A great plus: it's all very very clean! It really has the benefits of a hotel and the great atmosphere of a hostel. Last but not least: the crew! There are a few guys working there, they were so helpfull and kind! It was fun to hang out with them a little bit and getting some insider tips.
I would absolutely choose this hostel again when visiting Barcelona!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My friends and I stayed here in August 2012 and I must say the hostel is inviting, clean, central and charming.

We loved our host Stuart was so accommodating and his knowledge of Barcelona was fantastic.

We are defentely coming back in 2013. We loved it!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We booked a quadruple and a double room, Lived here for four nights. The room was comfortable, very clean environment. Beautiful kitchen and living room with a beautiful courtyard, The reception service personnel good. Free wifi and breakfast, The breakfast good
Location is very good, Near subway(walk 3 minutes ) and railway stations(walk 5 minutes ),
Away from the Casa Batllo(walk 3 minutes ), Casa Mila(walk 6 minutes ), is also very close,
The road is very safe to go back at night. Close from the boutique shopping street, We also went to the last day of Zara H&M and Mango shopping. Our trip to Spain for two weeks, the last stop to Barcelona, Here we have a really good end. The next time you go back to Barcelona, I will still choose to live here. Value for money,I definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I regret I am unable to concur with the 4 and 5 star reviews of this property. I will say that the Casa has a great central location - just 10 minutes from the Catalunya square or the Sagrada. It is also very clean. And the staff were friendly and polite. But my friend and I were not happy with the accommodation offered: we specifically checked for an ensuite bathroom and the bathroom was NOT ensuite - it was a separate bathroom in the hallway accessible only by leaving the room and using a key; furthermore, having no windows, it smelled musty. The beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on in any property (and I travel frequently on business in Africa/Asia). The breakfast included was OK - just cereal, white breads and coffee/tea - but no fresh healthy choices like fruit or yoghurt. The wifi worked, so at least we could use my iPad to find places to get out to ! Oh, and they didn't accept credit cards - just cash. Perhaps that is the norm, but I found that an irritation. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christopher W
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Casa Consell has great location - just 3 minutes to train station (Passeig de Gracia) and 5 minutes to metro station. Very easy to get from the airport. Perfect location to see all interesting places in Barcelona.

The hosts were very nice - always helpful and keen to share the information.

Place is nicely furnished, bathrooms and kitchen very clean. I loved also an old-fashioned lift :-)

Check out this place; next time when I will be planning to visit Barcelona, I will stay there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had 5 nights in this lovely B&B. It's in a great spot just off Placia de Gracia and only 80m from the famous Casa Battlo "Gaudi Apartments". It's so nicely furnished and decorated it is obvious that a lot of time and thought has gone into it. Simple yet plentiful breakfast included each morning. Wifi through out a really easy come and go as you please feeling. The shared areas and bathrooms were cleaned everyday and computers were available also. Next to a great well priced Tapas Bar and only 50m from a grocery store for those wanting to cook for themselves (in either of the lovely well equipped kitchens)! Best of all Francesca, her Husband, Son and Nephew we're so welcoming and informative. Nothing was an inconvenience for them and they made some great suggestions of things to do and see. I was in the small single room and it was very small but I was aware it would be when I booked it and as I didn't plan on spending much time in it, it was more then perfect for me especially for the price! As this was my first time travelling aboard solo this was a great place to start me off! I felt safe at night and it felt like home every time I walked in! Thanks for a wonderful experience! x

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo