“Excellent food and service”
Review of Watatsumi

Watatsumi
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Watatsumi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #747 of 10,179 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Japanese author cuisine and Asian inspired cocktail bar with magnificent views of Montjuïc from the top of Las Arenas.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

What a great restaurant. My husband was a little reluctant to go in but I managed to get him in and he agrees it was one of the nicest restaurants we visited in Barcelona. The waiters were friendly, surroundings beautiful. I had the salmon teriyaki and vegetables, my husband the beef noodles, both we're perfectly cooked and a good size, my salmon being huge. Also had the tuna California rolls for a starter they too were great. Had an excellent wine reasonably priced. We were in there we'll over three hours and at no point did we feel that we were not welcome or that they wanted their table back. Highly recommend to any lovers of Japanese food.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Had lovely sushi at Watasumi. Good location on the top of the shoppingsenter. Good service, lovely food. A bit expensive.

Recommended for sushi.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked this restaurant as it was local to where we stayed and had a wide variety of food to suit all our group. However the service was poor and we did wait ages for some items..... Not as good as I was hoping for. The food was okay but would not go again or recommend really. Shame but not much atmosphere either, and not friendly.

2  Thank nicola m
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stepped into this japanese restaurant in my last day in Barcelona, and ut was clearly the worst experience of my trip.

I ordered a mix of sashimi and sushi and a glass of wine and, after waiting 45 minutes, I ended up having half a glass of white wine (not even the one I ordered) and a really small sushi and maki selection composed mostly of salmon (except a really dry octopus niguiri and a scorched only-god-knows fish). I paid 24.30 euros for that fast-food-quality dish. Not to be repeated.

1  Thank asturianofarton
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Overpriced and underwhelming Japanese restaurant. Small bowl of rice with 3 tiny pieces of beef for €13 had to go to McDonald's on the way home, views of fountains are great though- only thing it h&s going for it!

2  Thank Aidso2013