“Very nice”

Ranked #341 of 9,937 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: Family owned run gourmet restaurant and store, local and healthy products and recipes. Open kitchen from 9:00 am to 11 pm.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a lovely place for an evening meal. You can select your wine as you go in. The service was really great and the food was fresh and yummy. I had the salad with the Iberian ham which I can recommend. The lemon cake was also great

There are newer reviews for La Cuina d'en Garriga

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have been here The evening of St Jordi and it was packed. First we were disappointed that a few dishes were sold out, but everything was so delicious, that it did not matter. You choose the wine from the shelf, and all kitchenware around you can be purchased. Very nice service as well.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Great start of the evening, had a table booked at 8pm. Was seated quickly, asked for some advice for food amd drink which turned out great. Atmosphere was great with soothing music at the background, genuinely quiet even when the place were full towards the end.
Special mention to burrata and the pork steak, one of the best I have tasted. Other dish we had was average. The wine we had was good with the food we ordered. For the wine, you can choose them off the shelf urself (it's kinda like a shop), so u know, u can put ur hand to the bottle and tale ur time to read which is good with wt meat or veg dishes.
So here comes the disappointment, it's nothing to do with the food or atmosphere. It's the staff. When the waiter was clearing up, he accidentally smashed both the glass of wine and water, I was lucky that the broken glass piece didn't come off and hit me or wtever. The waiter swore, didn't apologize, went away and come back, didn't replace the glassware etc, let alone the half glass of wine left when smashed, pretended nth had happened and asked if we have finished or not! I was shocked, and this was worse later when I talked to another waiter about this. He had this smirk on his face and found it somewhat funny when I asked him why there was not even an apology whilst the other waiter just disaapeared into the kitchen for the next half an hour. Yea so, the evening just ended in such a bad way. I certainly won't be going back, but I guess I was just unlucky and may have over reacted.
Overall the food and atmosphere is recommended!

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is charming - has a country/farmhouse feel. The food was delicious, probably the best of our trip to spain. And we didn't feel like we overpayed on anything. We were the first to arrive and had our choice of tables. We chose one in the back room -- which was a cozy room with three or four other tables, with wine bottles lining the wooden shelving on the walls.

We were exhausted and not up for figuring out the spanish or catalan menus so our server gave us a menu and made great recommendations. The salad with local cheese was amazing and chocolate cake was best dessert of our trip. Entrees of spinach gratin and pork were excellent.

We met one of the co-owners (brother of the brother-sister pair) and he was lovely.

1  Thank Carrie G
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This little restaurant / shop is run by a brother and sister duo. They are exceptionally nice and so are all the servers. The service was flawless. The food was also excellent. The burrata, 16 euros, is the best I've ever eaten - I cannot recommend it enough. The fish dishes were delicious but not exceptional. The olives were gorgeous large ones. So meaty and fresh tasting. Their shops sells good quality houseware - on the expensive side for me. Their groceries are very high quality. We bought some milk and sweets from them. Superb tasting.
They are quite busy so make a reservation!