“3 stars hotel”

Hotel Zenit Barcelona
Ranked #299 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Really did not expect that 4-stars hotel has such poor service. Staff does not know, what is "check in" or "check out". Strongly recommend Mr Fitti to study somewhere the rules and standards of the hotel service. Was very strange that :сomplectation of the room for two people assumes only one dental kit, minibar did not work and had warm drinks inside. Half of the room had not electricity. Moreover hotel is situated rather far away from any metrostation and there are not so much budget places to have dinner nearby, should notice that eat in the hotel was not available at all in the night time.
In general had got from the hotel less than was expected.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank victoria_nevskaya

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here for one night because I couldn't get a same day flight to Lanzarote. The location is great, very quiet. The room is very clean. They have a nice restaurant that makes amazing lunch and their breakfast is worth every penny I paid. The reception is very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We booked online and we were surprised to see the hotel fairly far from the downtown, plaza Catalunya, about 40 min walk. It's a good 8 minute walk to the closest subway, but the area is nice, residential and upper class.
The room was very good, modern, clean, etc. However, there was an electricity problem and the power kept going out which was very frustrating. The receptionist was completely puzzled by the situation, came to the room to witness it himself and was unable to offer any solution or offer some even symbolic compensation for the inconvenience. Imagine, it's 4am and you want to go to the bathroom, you need to do it in pitch black because there's no power! Same, at 8pm, you're working on your laptop and the room goes completely dark. Then you call the Reception, and they don't event answer the phone, even if you call 3 times within the space of 10 min. I had to go downstairs to the Reception a few times to get them to take my complaint seriously.
So, even if the hotel is decent, the lack of service is appalling, especially for what is supposed to be a 4 star hotel. I will advise the manager, but I'm sceptical that he/she would do anything meaningful other than offer a platitude of an apology.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Booked this hotel through Hotwire, so the price for us was great! The room was lovely but a little on the small size. Not right in the center but the area was great for shopping as Diagonal was just a street away, The center can be reached by 20 minutes walk, which is what we did as the weather was lovely. All in all, a great hotel and a great price too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Melissa W
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had booked this hotel for August 28th for one night. Unfortunately there was a change of plans and I ended up cancelling at 8am on that date. I was in Europe but in another country. The cut off time to cancel was 1pm. When I got back from my trip there was a charge on my credit card..at one exchange rate...and then right on the same date a few minutes later..a credit at a lower exchange rate.....Here is proof from my credit card.

28/08/2013 28/08/2013 EUR101.00@1.369307HOTEL ZENITH CB BARCEL $138.30 CR
28/08/2013 28/08/2013 EUR101.00@1.439505HOTEL ZENITH CB BARCEL $145.39

How can they do this when their policy states we can cancel on the day of arrival by 1pm. I have contacted Hotels.com which I booked it through. They were great in getting back to me..and they have sent an email to hotel. I have yet to hear from either hotels.com or the hotel..nor have I gotten a credit. This is about a 7 dollar difference.. I really hate giving my credit card when making a booking....because of such incidents. So beware....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Biarrific
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Well not stayed here long as booked last minute as stuck in barcalona after footy but very smart 4 star dead modern and clean staff more than helpful. Will defo stay again on next trip to this lovely city.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank YorkyJay
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We loved our stay at hotel zenit. This was one of the few, if not the only hotel we found on our two week trip in spain that lived up to its star rating. Although the room we booked was very small (they offered us an upgrade for 7 euros that we could have taken), it was extremely clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable, the hotel was quiet, there was a free computer to use, they printed tickets for us, and the staff was very helpful (especially David). After he helped us with many different things, we offered to give him a tip and he refused to accept it saying it was his job to help us. Although its a bit of a walk, you can walk anywhere from the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple