Discovered this terrific hotel while making plans to visit Barcelona through the Orbitz travel site. Located in the heart of the Medieval Center of town, the hotel has all the mod-cons you could wish for all encased in an 18th century building. Service is excellent and extremely helpful, and the staff all speak English. The location is ideal with easy access to The Rambles, the metro (stops at Liceu and at Placa de Catalunya), loads of restaurants and tapas bars, shopping, and tourist sites (the Picasso Museum, the City Museum, the Gothic Cathedral, etc.). The hotel offered a 1/2-price breakfast deal while we where there (8Euros/pp vrs. 15Euros/pp) which made it cost- and time-efficient to eat-in, although there is a charming little restaurant a few doors down which looked good. Breakfast was one of those set-you-up-for-the-day affairs with everything from cereal to eggs/bacon, cheeses and meats, breads, fresh fruit,pastry, juices, coffees, and--a true Barcelona tradition--a champagne flute of the local Cava upon request. And did I mention the glass of Cava available upon check-in along with assorted nuts for snacking on during the day? Our one disappointment was the room size: small as with so many European hotels, ours was classified unbeknowst to us as a "petit double." It was not possible to get a standard double because a festival had filled the area up. We made do, but large/tall people might want to inquire about their room size. The bathroom was great. All-in-all, "the Pi" is a really great place to stay and we would certainly stay there again as we definitely plan to return to this exciting city. I highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Considered as part of Barcelona's cultural heritage in itself, this historic building dates from the 19th century and is situated in the city's ancient Gothic Quarter. The setting of the H10 Raco del Pi makes it ideal for exploring the narrow streets of the most atmospheric area of the city - the Gothic Quarter. Here you will find the Cathedral along with a wide range of shops, galleries and restaurants. Only 100 metres away is the vibrant Las Ramblas, and 300 metres away is the central Placa Catalunya. On arrival you will be greeted with a glass of cava, before continuing into the charming and traditional inner courtyard. The historic building has been brought up to date with features such as a glass-walled atrium and cooling parquet floors in each room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your H10 Raco Del Pi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Raco Del Pi Hotel Barcelona
- H10 Raco Del Pi Barcelona, Catalonia
- Raco Del Pi