This was the third and last hotel we checked in to during our visit to Spain. As it was the most expensive and marketed as a boutique hotel, we expected it to be really nice so we can finish our trip on a high note. We were offered a glass of champagne as we checked in and upon arriving at our room (204), we were very disappointed to find just enough room to fit a small double bed, one bedside table, a wardrobe and a side table with the TV on. There was barely room to leave our luggage. The bathroom was a very good size though. I went down to request for a bigger room and Tomaz was very helpful, telling me apologetically that the hotel was full for the night but that we could move to a bigger room tomorrow.
The next morning, we had breakfast for €10pp, great selection of fruits, pastries, hot food etc, left our luggage with reception and went out for the day. Upon our return, we were given hotel room 205 which was much bigger, albeit with a smaller bathroom. The bed was the same size, but we had two bedside tables and enough room to open our luggage in the room.
There is a jacuzzi on the 8th floor, accessible by stairs from the 7th floor. We went up there but couldn't figure out how to make to work, turning the knobs did nothing and there were no switches or instructions nearby. Might have been us not knowing how to work it.
1. Clean room
2. Next to big supermarket so easy access to water, fruits and snacks
3. A few minutes walk to major train station, Estacio Sants, with underground and overground train connections. (we took a return train from there to Valencia)
4. Free wifi in room
5. Great breakfast
6. Friendly helpful staff
1. Charge for tea/coffee making services - €2 per day
2. The initial small room we were given
Not sure it was better value for money compared to Gran Torre Catalunya which is just a minute away, older but roomier, cheaper and just across the station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The H10 Itaca is ideally situated in the heart of the Eixample neighbourhood, very close to Sants Station (AVE) and the Montjuïc exhibition centre. You´ll be impressed by the hotel´s recent refurbishment with modern and innovative touches to the front entrance, Front Desk and Lobby Bar. The hotel´s new features include a plunge pool on the revamped Chill-Out Terrace and the Itaca Restaurant, which offers select signature cuisine in the evenings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your H10 Itaca Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Itaca Barcelona
- Hotel h10 Itaca
- H10 Itaca Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia