We stayed here for 5 nights to celebrate my wife's birthday. It follows the concept of serviced apartments and provides home comforts not available in a hotel. We had asked for an apartment with a "walk in" shower and they had very kindly provided us with a two bedroom apartment with two bathrooms - one of which had a walk in shower.
The apartment was clean, the beds comfortable and the daily maid service very efficient. With two bedrooms and a sitting room there is plenty of space for a couple and even two couples would find it adequate. The kitchen is small has the basic requirements though some of the fittings are showing their age. Cooking a full meal could be a bit of a struggle. Remember to take dish washer tablets, washing powder etc with you as these are not supplied and the maids do not wash your soiled dishes (4 euros gives you a cleaning kit that has just one dishwasher tablet!).
Breakfast was included in our deal and it is delivered to your room in the morning. Choose the Continental breakfast if like us you could not face a packaged cheese and ham sandwich first thing in the morning.
The location is excellent, stones throw from the Sagrada Familia, walking distance to the Metro station and on the tourist bus route. Short tube journey to the centre of town and being in a residential area has plenty of shops and cafes close by.
We had one meal in the restaurant which was excellent and though pricey was well worth it. Most evenings we ate at the Aitor tapas bar which is just a block away and provides some of the best tapas we have eaten at a very reasonable price -15 euros and you can eat as many tapas as you can manage.
The staff at reception were excellent - helpful, polite and very well informed about the places to visit etc.
Noise is a problem, not from the street but from adjacent apartments. For light sleepers transmitted sounds from neighbours can be a major issue, wooden floors and running children are a deadly combination. The staff did offer us other rooms but not sure this would have solved the problem - apart from perhaps the fifth floor which unfortunately did not have a walk in shower which for us was essential.
We had a late evening flight and asked if we could have a "late" check out. We were told that this may be possible at a price - then were told by the manager that the cost would be 200 euros for a 6 hours or 80 euros for 2 hours which to us seemed by all accounts a trifle extortionate!! It was the F1 Grand Prix weekend and that we were told was the going rate. Having been at the hotel for 5 nights already it did seem that the management were unwilling to be accommodating - I would rather have been told they were likely to be full and so could not give us a late check out. After an enjoyable stay we were left with a bitter taste in our mouth and felt we were being taken advantage of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully equipped apartments with 1 or 2 bedroom, bathroom, full equipped kitchen and living room with dinning area and a terrace. Daily cleaning service included. Perfect for families, friends or business. 24h front desk available with multilingual staff to help you during your stay. Free WIFI and access to a sports centre with inside swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hispanos 7 Suiza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Restaurant Hispanos 7 Suiza Hotel Barcelona
- Hispanos 7 Suiza Barcelona, Catalonia