“Pastisseria Escribà”

Ranked #15 of 151 Bakeries in Barcelona
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Rambla
Reviewed August 5, 2016

Walking down the Ramblas, having left La Boqueria market, I saw the facade of this pastry and then my view fell on the small works of art in sugar that adorned the windows.
I entered I saw several of the photographs which were there hanging on the walls and where we can see from U2 to the King of Spain, I read some of the history of the house and and as obvious, me and the family enjoyed several sweets after receiving some advice from one of the employees .
This house exists since 1820, and from what I have tasted and read, I can deduct that this house is not dedicated only to make candy, but to create works of art. Personally I think there is a mix between making pastry and create works of art that fill the gustatory and visual senses. An experience to repeat with 100% certainty.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,665)

Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

We found this place on the internet before travelling to Barcelona and decided to call in. We went in and I had a cortado and a fruit flan and my partner had an espresso macchiato and some cheesecake all of which was amazing. The cakes were fresh and the coffees were lovely. Our bill came to around €15 which we felt was well worth it. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and the place was very clean. We enjoyed it so much that we visited again before going home the following day.

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

What an utterly brilliant refuge and island of calm
Super prompt and friendly service
Cannot recommend more than that
Cold Beer, beautiful iberico ham, shade and a bit of a breeze!
MARVELOUS!

Reviewed July 24, 2016

The shop is not much to look at but the cakes are amazingly delicious and the staff is so helpful and lovely.

Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Very high end pastries they know what they are doing... Ordered 6 dessert all were delicious,not a bad word to say.
Can't wait to visit again wonderful Barcelona and Escriba bakery.
Well done guys keep up the great work.