“Four nights in Barcelona, ate here twice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cera 23

Cera 23
Ranked #29 of 9,412 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Nuestra unica pretension es hacer que salgas del restaurante, al menos algo mejor de lo que entraste. Para conseguirlo ofrecemos el producto del mercado mas fresco, preparado con carino y servido con una sonrisa.
“Four nights in Barcelona, ate here twice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Visited Barcelona for the first time with my girlfriend last weekend, using Trip Advisor to research a few restaurants and this place looked like the pick of the bunch and we weren't disappointed.

Although we hadn't booked and had an hour wait, the manager was extremely welcoming and the cocktails (Blakberry Mojito in particular) were amazing. All the staff were very friendly and they obviously work hard and take pride in what they do.

Visited twice over one weekend as we couldn't find anywhere that compared to here. The food was delicious; simple and tasty. I would recommend the Rib Eye steak (which my girlfriend had twice). Over the two nights we sampled several dishes and all were of high quality.

The bill came to around 80 Euros both times, this included 3 courses and a cocktail. I felt this was great value considering the quality of the food and drink on offer.

I would highly recommend a visit to this place, ensure you make a reservation to avoid any wait or disappointment. We will definitely come back when in Barcelona next.

Thanks for having us on both nights.

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Only had a drink here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had made a reservation here weeks before our trip, but we weren't hungry when we had to be there. I still wanted to go because of everything I've heard about the blackberry mojito. When we got there I saw how small the place was and felt bad about telling them we would not be eating there. Then a couple walked in and asked for a table. Since they didn't have any available it worked out perfectly, so we gave them our reservation since we were sitting at the bar. The blackberry mojito was amazing! So amazing I had two! It's so filled up with limes, mint and ice (I think) that in the end it's not very big. I also think there is not much alcohol in it, unless all the fruit just covers up the taste. I could have had 10 and been very happy :) I am glad we went because I wouldn't have gone to the El Ravel area otherwise. The area was a little sketchy looking for my taste and wasn't crazy about walking there in the dark. I am sure it was fine and I didn't have a problem with anyone. Very cute restaurant though.

FYI-There is no place to eat outside.

To sum it up:
1) If you want to eat here make a reservation.
2) Have a blackberry mojito whether you eat here or not. Bartender was very nice.

• Visited June 2013
Homestead, Florida
“Fantastic Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first night's dinner in Barcelona and our 10th anniversary. Immediately after seating us, the host brought us two classes of champagne and congratulated us on our anniversary. I ordered the black rice dish I had been dying to have ever since we started planning our trip. Spectacular! Great flavor and huge pieces of seafood throughout the dish. My wife had an amazing shrimp pasta dish. We were way too stuffed on the great meal to have dessert; however, the host returned with two after dinner Irish liqueurs. The restaurant is the proverbial “hole in the wall” with an amazing ambiance. We quickly learned the “hole in the walls” are among the best places to dine in Barci. We had an exceptional evening at Cera 23 and cannot wait to return.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We were so lucky on getting a table on such last notice, we had crunchy prawns and beef with guacamole for starters and for main the octopus and a special with prawns, mushroom and in think chorizo sauce. Absolutely amazing food, fantastic service wish we could of tried their desserts but we were both full. Wish we had found this place sooner as I would definitely go again! The best food we had in the two weeks we stayed in Barcelona!

Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Heaven in the gothic quarter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely and super delicious dinner at Cera 23. The good reviews are right, this place is a hidden gem that offers exceptionally good food. We had the roast beef and guacamole appetizer, blackberry mojitos, duck breast with roasted apples, Iberian pork with wild rice (you must try the pork, it's amazing!), and Nutella cheesecake and tiramisu for dessert. We were presented with a complimentary orange digestif at the end of our meal, which was a very nice touch. Everything was cooked and seasoned to perfection, and it's obvious that high quality and fresh ingredients are used. The atmosphere is nice and cozy, and the staff was friendly and very cordial. We look forward coming back the next time we visit Barcelona.
Make sure to make a reservation, as the restaurant is small and fills up pretty quickly. Get directions and your map ready, since the gothic quarter is a bit of a maze.

Visited July 2013